Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Never mind hell and handcarts, my mum went to hospital in a wheelbarrow tonight.

Ok, that's not exactly true, but it sounded good :D. She did, however get carted from the road where she fell, back to the house, in said wheelbarrow, before the ambulance arrived to take her to hospital.

Which leads me to my second point, more petty, point... My dad just phoned:-

Dad: "I've got a Ginsters pie here. How do I cook it? The microwave's variable temperature but it's set at quarter past."

Me: "I don't know your microwave well enough dad, no idea what that means."

Dad: "Hm. 800W it says. How long do I cook the pie for?"

Me: "What do the instructions say?"

Dad: "Oven bake. Shit. No. Wait... Ah... To microwave... Cook for 1 min 20 secs. Well, do I take it out of the wrapper or what?"

Me: "Does it say? What sort of wrapping is it in?"

Dad: "No. The wrapper's just sort of green and black. It doesn't say anything about the packaging."

Me: "Right. Dad. Just take it out the wrapper, put it on a plate... yes, any plate so long as it isn't metal... no, it doesn't have to be pyrex..., put it in the microwave and set the dial for 1 min 20."

*Clattering of pots and plates, bit of a crash*

Dad: "Shit. I'm dead!"

*Quiet resumes*

Dad: *Utterly confused* "Stand for one minute. But why do I need to..."

Me: *Big sigh*. "It doesn't mean you! Just cook it, leave it a minute and then eat it."

Dad: "But I don't want it yet. I want to eat it later for my supper."

I give in... and I really hope my mum gets home tomorrow!!!!!

Edited by HGG

Never mind hell and handcarts, my mum went to hospital in a wheelbarrow tonight.

Ok, that's not exactly true, but it sounded good :D . She did, however get carted from the road where she fell, back to the house, in said wheelbarrow, before the ambulance arrived to take her to hospital.

Dad: "I've got a Ginsters pie here. How do I cook it? The microwave's variable temperature but it's set at quarter past."

Dad: "Oven bake. Shit. No. Wait... Ah... To microwave... Cook for 1 min 20 secs. Well, do I take it out of the wrapper or what?"

Dad: "No. The wrapper's just sort of green and black. It doesn't say anything about the packaging."

Me: "Right. Dad. Just take it out the wrapper, put it on a plate... yes, any plate so long as it isn't metal... no, it doesn't have to be pyrex..., put it in the microwave and set the dial for 1 min 20."

*Quiet resumes*

Me: *Big sigh*. "It doesn't mean you! Just cook it, leave it a minute and then eat it."

I realise this is causing irritation and there might be extenuating unfunny medical reasons etc.

But I think I just laughed for 30 solid seconds at that. utter classic :lol::lol::lol:

Ok, that's not exactly true, but it sounded good :D . She did, however get carted from the road where she fell, back to the house, in said wheelbarrow, before the ambulance arrived to take her to hospital.

*Quiet resumes*

instead of posting all the reasons im annoyed...this cheered me up no end :lol:

NZ immigration are feckin useless. Changing jobs, so changing visa's, all done at the Hamilton office who are usually on the ball...

Except the job's in Auckland, and it has to go through their office. They said (lied) to me that it had been sent up last week, except when I called them a few minutes ago, they admitted that it was still 'in transit' and hadn't arrived in Auckland yet. It's an hour up the feckin road, I could have collected it and drove it up myself.

I've put my four week notice in at work, the gf starts her new job in four weeks time, we have to get somewhere to stay, the new job's wondering when I'm starting and to top it all off, the useless cow at immigration turned round to me and said 'if the job offer's withdrawn, or we don't accept it, you will be asked to return to Scotland'. In other words, deported.

I didn't come here to sit on my arse claiming benefits, I came to work. The job's within the skilled migrant shortage catagory (in other words, they don't have enough Kiwi's skilled enough to do it), they need me in the job, so what's the feckin hold up?

If you hear a faint scream, don't worry, it's only me...... :angry:

But I think I just laughed for 30 solid seconds at that. utter classic :lol::lol::lol:
instead of posting all the reasons im annoyed...this cheered me up no end :lol:

I was all set to moan about the fact that, despite advertising breakfast being available until 11.00am, Greggs had completely run out of bacon baguettes when I got to work at 07:30am today. <_<

But one swatch at HGG's Dad's attempt at a Nigella Express and I'm giggling away quite happily. :D

Thank you for sharing that with us young lady! ;)

I've just checked the flight screen for later on....

13:00 Dubai 427 pax

13:00 Alicante 187 pax

13:10 Malaga 189 pax

13:20 malaga 115 pax

That's 918 passenger's landing in a 20 minute window! :o

Fuckityfuckitytitwanks....... :(:(

You still there??

Aye. 'In the zone' or 'zoning' means the plane is in Glasgow Airport airspace so as the arrivals control is only 10 seconds walk down the stair from my desk there's no real point in me going down until the plane has landed.................ah...it just has <_< .....bye for now.....*waves*

13:00 Dubai 427 pax

13:00 Alicante 187 pax

13:10 Malaga 189 pax

13:20 Malaga 115 pax

That's 918 passenger's landing in a 20 minute window!

Then within 20 minutes we got

13:40 Amsterdam 71 pax

13:43 Malaga 230 pax

13:57 Alicante 215 pax

That's 1335 passenger's in total with just the 7 of us on.

Faaaaaaaaaarrrrrkinnnnell!! :(*Collapses into his chair exhausted*

Edited by Kilt

that bloody Raquel/Susan Walker/Dave Charnley choir singing thing on bbc1, so flaming obvious predictable sunday evening gentle adultery type tale.

its just not tuesday night fare really is it <_< -I have only watched 2 episodes.

shove it to sundays to fill the lark rise slot and put the new series of spooks or something in there PLEASE!!

also liverpool 94minute equaliser <_<

Bloody fire alarm woke me up at 6. Just as I was getting fully dressed it stop going off and now I cant get back to sleep :(

Only got 3 hours sleep and got a couple of things at uni today before a night out tonight. Should be an interesting day :lol:

Junk Faxes.

Why of why do companies insist in sending out the bloody things day after day.Why should i fax them back at my experience to say i don't want your bloody adverts.Fume.