Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Aye, she goes to the cinema, Argos and trawls round the shops for a couple of hours, then gets the bus home after pretending to be at school. Her Mum's blind - not stupid! <_<

:lol: You're in the shite now Smurph - Clydebank's lovely. Bankies, Bankies, Bankies.... :D;)

Note the team I support :angry:

I don't have a contract phone. I did for the first two years of living here, but I was paying just over 30 squids a month for a deal that didn't even include free cross network minutes. Even when I worked for vodafone they charged me full price. b*****ds.

Now I have a PAYG sim using the same number. I spend about 20 quid a month on top ups, and a fiver on Skype out credit using the same number which is free to most landlines in the EU.

I get more free calls/texts with my PAYG deal than I would on a Contract.

I'd say that's a pretty shrewd 4th option.

What sort of deals are the giving on PAYG sim's these days?

I get 1000 texts, 600 mins and unlimited internet for £30 (plus a free upgraded handset every year). Surely it can't be better than that?

I have a pay as you go and the free texts I get with it normally last me fine. I let other people phone me when they organise things. I want a contract though, Don't really need it but I want one anyway.

You take that back right now you wee shite!! :angry:

:lol:

Except from Pete and Neil who live there, makes it all the better. ;)

Aye, she goes to the cinema, Argos and trawls round the shops for a couple of hours, then gets the bus home after pretending to be at school. Her Mum's blind - not stupid! <_<

:lol: You're in the shite now Smurph - Clydebank's lovely. Bankies, Bankies, Bankies.... :D;)

Ah, fair enough then.

Personally, if I were to dog school, I'd opt for town.

Edited by Smurph

That sounds much more fun than school, to be fair.

Argos or Maths? I know what I'd choose.

I get 1000 texts, 600 mins and unlimited internet for £30 (plus a free upgraded handset every year). Surely it can't be better than that?

300 free texts plus the £10 for a £10 top up (plus 1MB download)

Or what I'm now on: Unlimited Calls and Texts to all o2 mobiles for £15 a month (plus the £15 you topped up)

I don't use my phone for internet, and most of the people I call and text are with o2.

Tenner top up gets 300 texts and free interwebs, but my phone is so shite it can't access the internet anyway. £20 gets 600 texts. My deal is shite, but then I rarely need to go over the tenner.

300 free texts plus the £10 for a £10 top up (plus 1MB download)

Or what I'm now on: Unlimited Calls and Texts to all o2 mobiles for £15 a month (plus the £15 you topped up)

I don't use my phone for internet, and most of the people I call and text are with o2.

That's a 'genie' sim, ain't it?

Me too.

12,000 free texts for £20 a month. This leaves the £20 for phoning people, which I never ever do.

Whit??! What network and what deal is that? Because I'm fucking having some of that!

Are you not only 16?! Get your auld fella to go out and get you a few tins, then sit in the house and drink them like the jakey you were born to be! That's what I've been doing all week (although I get them myself). Tomorrow night is party night anyway.

f**k me. I've done that tonight! :lol:

PAYG seems great value if you don't phone people, but surely everyone makes more than £20 quids worth of calls a month or have texts just totally taken over?

I wouldn't even say I make a ludicrous number of calls and still use 500ish mins a month.

PS - I absolutely hate the fact that 'texting someone' is now actually a relationship status which seems to have come in before 'seeing someone'. What's happened to this country?

That's a 'genie' sim, ain't it?

Not a clue what you're on about. All I know is that 3 years ago I got a new sim free off o2 and it let me sign up to o2 TextAnytime or o2 Unlimited as opposed to my old shitty tariff.

I should add to Fudge that I usually keep a phone for at least 2 years, and never spend more than £100 on a handset as a rule, making any perceived gain from being tied into a contract negligible. For the money I'm willing to pay every month on my phone, my best deal is a PAYG one. Simple fact.