Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I went to Crieff's display two years ago and instead of going vertical the firework went horizontal and hit a wee girl in the crowd near me!

Been scared of them since then.

The fear that you could be Weston'd at any time at an amateur display or smaller, shoddier 'professional' display is half of the excitement!

Me too.

I've been into every garden in the street to no avail. :(

He'll turn up when it's all over. He'll have just found a little hiding place in someone's shed or something until the noise stops.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a cat called Monica once. One day, she just vanished and after 5 weeks, I'd given her up for dead - until she turned up in the back garden, meowing loudly, covered in grime and stinking to high heaven. No idea where she'd been, but I'm guessing she ended up stuck in someone's garage or something to be that greasy and filthy. Once she'd had a bath, you'd never have known she'd been anywhere, and she didn't tend to stray far at all after that. I'm sure your cat will come home.

He'll turn up when it's all over. He'll have just found a little hiding place in someone's shed or something until the noise stops.

If it makes you feel any better, I had a cat called Monica once. One day, she just vanished and after 5 weeks, I'd given her up for dead - until she turned up in the back garden, meowing loudly, covered in grime and stinking to high heaven. No idea where she'd been, but I'm guessing she ended up stuck in someone's garage or something to be that greasy and filthy. Once she'd had a bath, you'd never have known she'd been anywhere, and she didn't tend to stray far at all after that. I'm sure your cat will come home.

A guy across the road said that too, so I'll live in hope. :(:)

Don't know if you are under 18, but if you are, then you will not be allowed by law to work nights.

I worked nights for a bit last year, fecking hated it!

I've only ever worked nights (6 years), and just can't imagine working "normal" hours.

Fireworks are shite.

Agreed. I understand kids being amazed by them, but they've been going off down here for the last four hours and it's just like constant machine gun fire.

Don't see the attraction i'm afraid. :(

I've only ever worked nights (6 years), and just can't imagine working "normal" hours.

I just found sleeping really hard to come by. I just wanted to climb into bed as soon as I came though the door but I was told that I should stay up for a few hours and then go to sleep. It was also the worst job I have ever had. Cleaning up after drunk students. I remember decking one of them about a week into the job. Thankfully, I quit shortly after.

What is it you do, if you don't mind me asking?