Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I get bullied mercilessly on here. :(

Not enough to qualify for the list I'm afraid. Its an age thing.

:lol::lol:
When has Gaz ever got treated harshly or bullied?

Oh you have no idea what Gaz has been through. He's laughing, but thats only to disguise the pain. Poor Gaz. :(

Guest The Phoenix
Not enough to qualify for the list I'm afraid. Its an age thing.

The only person who can put a measure on bullying is the person on the receiving end.

Got a crap-load of Christmas shopping still to do, I'm also working night-shifts at the moment so trying to juggle it with day-time sleeping is a pain.

It's getting to the stage where I may have to quickly instigate a major fued with my family and friends to justify not buying them any gifts.

Even though I'm totally Bert Paton'd, I can't get to sleep. :(

So I read the entire 'Lock Your Doors' thread for the first time. Alot of people came out their shell there, some in a good way, some in a bad way.

THIS!

post-1053-1261469797_thumb.jpg

Anne Atkins on...

post-1053-1261469805.jpg

Anne Atkins

The one listeners love to hate and is said to have prompted the first complaint from the Church of England press office. Perhaps the problem is a devastating combo of spiritual whimsy and current affairs.

Most likely to say: Terrible things happen in the middle-east that make me think of Jesus.

Least likely to say: Anything trenchant.

...which is why I'm not in bed anymore! :angry:<_<

Complete lack of Gritters and snow ploughs. Edinburgh was terrible again this morning.

Ah Capy you have made my day. The missus is on her way home, she's heading to KL first, which I suspect will be a wee bit warmer than Portobello. She won't know what hit her :lol:

I have no-one to annoy tonight, and no-one to cuddle in bed :(

I hate being on my own.

Ah Capy you have made my day. The missus is on her way home, she's heading to KL first, which I suspect will be a wee bit warmer than Portobello. She won't know what hit her :lol:

I hate being on my own.

I had a gritter on my own street last night.But when you get to the steep hill coming down from Gillespie cross roads,it is white,and you still get the 4x4 drivers up your backside.Fuds.

Kilt, what are you whitering on about?

Brief explanation for our BBC World Service ex-pats:

I'm in bed dozing. Alarm goes off at 06:00. I snooze on with BBC Radio 4's Today programme on in the background giving me the latest news, sport and weather. Unfortunately they have a five minute slot at 07:50 called Thought For The Day where, thanks to the BBC Religious Affairs Department, various folk blether on for five minutes on a matter of topical interest and give it their own religious slant on it. I can normally tolerate most speakers, occasionally finding one or two, like Paramjit Singh or Lionel Blue, entertaining.

Anne Atkins, however, as the Telegraph newspaper review I quoted sums up, is as ugly to listen to as Anne Widdicombe is to look at...

post-1053-1261471838_thumb.jpg

Complete lack of Gritters and snow ploughs. Edinburgh was terrible again this morning.

Could you not be more positive and, bearing in mind how hilly Edinburgh is, look on it as an exciting challenge - a bit like taking part in the luge? :)

Could you not be more positive and, bearing in mind how hilly Edinburgh is, look on it as an exciting challenge - a bit like taking part in the luge? :)

Aye it looks nice but...i hate drivers on my bumper in July,it is dangerous in Dec.I wish i was in the lorry. Then i would show them who is boss...

Also Anne Widdecombe should be kept till after the watershed.

I hate being on my own.

Porty High St is like a skating rink in places, the bits outside the shops are gritted by the shops themselves but the other bits are a thin blanket of snow on top of ice, so while it looks nice and fluffy to walk on, it's still treacherous. The side streets are even worse, I nearly arseplanted again this morning but somehow stayed up.

Brief explanation for our BBC World Service ex-pats:

I'm in bed dozing. Alarm goes off at 06:00. I snooze on with BBC Radio 4's Today programme on in the background giving me the latest news, sport and weather. Unfortunately they have a five minute slot at 07:50 called Thought For The Day where, thanks to the BBC Religious Affairs Department, various folk blether on for five minutes on a matter of topical interest and give it their own religious slant on it. I can normally tolerate most speakers, occasionally finding one or two, like Paramjit Singh or Lionel Blue, entertaining.

Anne Atkins, however, as the Telegraph newspaper review I quoted sums up, is as ugly to listen to as Anne Widdicombe is to look at...

post-1053-1261471838_thumb.jpg

Aye, but what's she done to twist yer nips?

And Fuctifano, you have a 2 foot long skid mark I believe...

Also Anne Widdecombe should be kept till after the watershed.

You're quite right. I apologise!

Aye, but what's she done to twist yer nips?

Well, she started off recalling a female neighbour in bed being woken by a burglar and, whilst her husband feigned sleep to minimise the danger, she jumped out of bed stark naked, grabbed a poker and chased the burglar out of the house and was halfway down the street before realising she was "dressed as God intended"...

Not only do I not believe her preposterous story, but I was just not prepared for the "What would Jesus have done" follow up that was about to be inanely spouted forth. I'd rather drag my nails down a blackboard or chew tinfoil. <_< (This is rant about Anne Atkins in particular, not Christianity in general - just before anyone has a pop at me) ;)

Click on the link HERE tomorrow and you'll get the full five minutes of awfulness and see what I mean.

Clydebank looks as if it has been forgotten about completely by West Dunbartonshire Council, every street is a fucking skating rink. I've already seen several people fall this morning and many more have slipped but remained upright.