Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Software crashing when you've just done a pile of work and it's all lost.

I once spent a fortnight writing a document, only to update my back-up file and see Windows corrupt both the backup and the original file, forcing me to write the whole bloody thing again as it was on my C Drive instead of a backed up server. sad.gif

Software crashing when you've just done a pile of work and it's all lost.

I once spent a fortnight writing a document, only to update my back-up file and see Windows corrupt both the backup and the original file, forcing me to write the whole bloody thing again as it was on my C Drive instead of a backed up server. sad.gif

That is indeed a bugger. Not on your scale, but I recall working all day on a contingency plan and when I had finished it I leaned back in my seat and stretched me legs to admire my work. As I did this my foot connected with the power socket and hauled the plug for the PC clean out the wall. I can laugh about it now.

That was years ago, before Health and Safety got involved and hid all the plugs inside desks and under floors and such like. Trying to find a plug socket in work to charge your mobile these days is like finding an intelligent post by RandomGuy.

That was years ago, before Health and Safety got involved and hid all the plugs inside desks and under floors and such like. Trying to find a plug socket in work to charge your mobile these days is like finding an intelligent post by RandomGuy.

Join the club!

Nobody's lived though until they've started writing a report at 3am on the morning of the deadline, lost it for whatever reason (uni computers automatically rebooting in my case while I was visiting the bog) and then Hitting File > New and starting typing the thing out again from memory frantically before you can even scream 'ssshhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttttttteeeeee!!!', working through the rest of the morning with horrible stingy-eye syndrome.

Everyone that's been to uni's done this at some point I'm sure?! No? unsure.gif

DWP, fooking arseholes. In fact, I hope everyone i spoke to today dies a most horrid death. Trying to keep calm whilst they knock you from pillar to post is unbelievably hard. Common sense is lost on these fucktards. Happy Valentine's day ya bunch of oxygen thieves :(

People walking around campus wearing shorts. okay, we fucking get the fact that you live in halls. it is still 5 degrees and sleeting outside, stop being a complete dick.

And people who finish every sentence with a raised tone, like a question.

People walking around campus wearing shorts. okay, we fucking get the fact that you live in halls. it is still 5 degrees and sleeting outside, stop being a complete dick.

And people who finish every sentence with a raised tone, like a question.

Aye, the undergrads are back here as well. dry.gif

I don't mind the shorts, I just object to their presence, can't they see I have work to do!

I put my back out this morning getting out the shower. I'm in agony - nurofen not even getting close! Actully feeling a bit sick :(

On the plus side, I've got an appointment at the osteopath at 4pm.

Slightly better today at least I can walk without almost crying in pain today. Another appointment on Thursday and putting ice on it seems to be helping.

Facet strain apparently!

Shop assistants / till cashiers that speak in a fake 'nicey' voice and just look onto the next customer in the queue when giving you your change in a "you've given me your money, now f*** off while I get this guy's cash now" manner. dry.gif

Shop assistants / till cashiers that speak in a fake 'nicey' voice and just look onto the next customer in the queue when giving you your change in a "you've given me your money, now f*** off while I get this guy's cash now" manner. dry.gif

are you lonely?

Slightly better today at least I can walk without almost crying in pain today. Another appointment on Thursday and putting ice on it seems to be helping.

Facet strain apparently!

You should try a chiropractor. Worked miracles for me.

:lol: If only we could always receive the wonderful service we are used to getting at the local corner shop...

it's more about being immediately nice to the next customer rather than being rude to you. unless you're waiting for their number.