Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

My ex wife is in a new relationship, first one for both of us since we seperated. Must say it's taking a little getting used to, just found out a couple of hours ago. It'll be all good by the morning when I've had time to digest.

These things are always tough mate, but the best thing is to smile your way through it.

My PTTGOYN is..... My gran died on Saturday. I've coped with it, no problem at all.

The reason it has been easy is because the past two years she didn't have a clue what was going on and to be honest I'm glad it's over because she was obviously in pain. Yet I still cant feel sorrow I can't shed a tear. I'm a pallbearer at the funeral and I'm dreading hours of trying to seem upset sad.gif

Guest The Phoenix

My PTTGOYN is..... My gran died on Saturday. I've coped with it, no problem at all.

The reason it has been easy is because the past two years she didn't have a clue what was going on and to be honest I'm glad it's over because she was obviously in pain. Yet I still cant feel sorrow I can't shed a tear. I'm a pallbearer at the funeral and I'm dreading hours of trying to seem upset sad.gif

Don't dread it and don't feel guilty. Your feelings are perfectly normal and far more common than you think.

Your Gran has her release and you'll find time to shed a private tear (or several) when the time is right for you.

I was the same when my Nanny died. Didn't shed a tear when she initially died nor in the few days after. It only really bagan to sink in at the funeral. Then i shed a few tears.

People deal with it in different ways. Your's is pretty common.

Anyone else hate Christmas cards,especially writing them .Just what is the point,unless it has cash,which if it does it's still going in the bin

I hate all cards full stop.

I hate receiving them and buying them.

Example - you get someone a birthday card. As you hand it over you say to them happy birthday, and then they open the card which says the same. What's the point?

I hate all cards full stop.

I hate receiving them and buying them.

Example - you get someone a birthday card. As you hand it over you say to them happy birthday, and then they open the card which says the same. What's the point?

It's always an awkward moment opening a card which someone has just handed you, I never know quite what to say. It's fine if it's a humerous one, even if it's not remotely funny you can still just chuckle a bit, but if it's not I'm not quite sure what the expected reaction is.

It's always an awkward moment opening a card which someone has just handed you, I never know quite what to say. It's fine if it's a humerous one, even if it's not remotely funny you can still just chuckle a bit, but if it's not I'm not quite sure what the expected reaction is.

Or worse, its signed from the couple who gave you it and a pet/there kid.

I get a row every year from my maw and Mrs because of my lack of card giving.

I'm the opposite. I like sending out cards and receiving them over the xmas period. I am right annoyed that numbers are dwindling year-on-year though.

Me and the missus are grudge-holding bitches though. If we go 2 years sending a card with nothing in return then THEY'RE OFF THE LIST

That's right- fear my card-denying wrath peeps.

Been waiting for a delivery since Monday.

The link from the site to track the parcel comes up with the classic 'Error 404: page not found' and there's no tracking number to do it manually.

I know it's Christmas, but it's still irritating. <_<

Been waiting for a delivery since Monday.

The link from the site to track the parcel comes up with the classic 'Error 404: page not found' and there's no tracking number to do it manually.

I know it's Christmas, but it's still irritating. <_<

I used that tracking thing last week, it told me that my package was sitting in the post office waiting for delivery for 4 days......which led to me starting a hatred of posties

When certain adults are talking to preschool children and instead of saying 'Thank you' or 'Thanks', they do this long drawn out 'TaaaaaaaAA' that goes higher at the end instead in the hope that they'll repeat this horrifically annoying sound that needs to be stopped.

I used that tracking thing last week, it told me that my package was sitting in the post office waiting for delivery for 4 days......which led to me starting a hatred of posties

Our postie is a quaint mixture of creepy and scary. He's a very small man with wild hair who always says 'How ye doin'?' if he sees you, so you say 'Awright, yourself?' which to most people elicits a response like 'Fine' and you go about your business. Except he sees it as his cue to tell you in detail about his week. One day he had a stookie on his arm and I made the mistake of saying something like 'Ooh, sair yin' and nodding at it, which brought this slightly disturbing response: "Aye, I fell down the stairs. Well, she kicked me down them anyway, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

:huh: