Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yep, agree with all that, but I still don't think you can compare it with other life choices, other than maybe plastic surgery as you're left with a constant physical reminder.

Btw, before you accuse me of the shit in your last sentence, I have a tattoo myself, and a very fine one at that thank you very much.

I wasn't accusing you of anything, Dee Man. My final sentence was just a statement in general against that sort of behaviour. Try and be less sensitive, you'll live longer ;)

I wasn't accusing you of anything, Dee Man. My final sentence was just a statement in general against that sort of behaviour. Try and be less sensitive, you'll live longer ;)

I don't want to live longer....my tattoo will look hideous ????.

I'm too sensitive to even contemplate the pain associated with tattoos........;)

It's a strange, soothing and therapeutic, almost enjoyable type of pain, depending on where on your body you get it of course.

The US Navy Seal who was sat across from me, back to front on a chair biting into a towel as he got an American Bald Eagle tattoed across his shoulder blades and down his back would probably disagree with me right enough.

It's a strange, soothing and therapeutic, almost enjoyable type of pain, depending on where on your body you get it of course.

The US Navy Seal who was sat across from me, back to front on a chair biting into a towel as he got an American Bald Eagle tattoed across his shoulder blades and down his back would probably disagree with me right enough.

I've got a tattoo across my back that covers my shoulder blades and a few vertebrae and it was pretty sore getting it done. Sitting backwards on a chair might look cool in Saved By The Bell, but when you're like that for 45 minutes having someone drag motorised needles across bony areas it loses some of its appeal.

I do enjoy thinking back to the so called 'cool kids' that got tattoos when at high school.

Bet they don't look so cool now 15 years later, fannies.

Those young guys that get tattoos up their necks, peeking out their collar won't look so smart in their 30s.

It's not like a trendy haircut at the time to be in style.

I've got a tattoo across my back that covers my shoulder blades and a few vertebrae and it was pretty sore getting it done. Sitting backwards on a chair might look cool in Saved By The Bell, but when you're like that for 45 minutes having someone drag motorised needles across bony areas it loses some of its appeal.

My first tattoo was on my back just up between my shoulder blades and it was painful because it was my first tattoo but nothing unbearable. I'm struggling to remember if I was in too much pain so I cant have been.

My ribs on the other hand were a different story. f**k me that was painful, having the guy just constantly colouring in bits that were right on your rib bone was agony. I almost whitey'd when I got outside because I hadnt eaten or drank anything that day and with getting all that done it took its toll.

My first tattoo was on my back just up between my shoulder blades and it was painful because it was my first tattoo but nothing unbearable. I'm struggling to remember if I was in too much pain so I cant have been.

My ribs on the other hand were a different story. f**k me that was painful, having the guy just constantly colouring in bits that were right on your rib bone was agony. I almost whitey'd when I got outside because I hadnt eaten or drank anything that day and with getting all that done it took its toll.

Mine are all on fleshy areas with the exception of the one on my back, which is my largest one. I do have plans afoot for a leg one in the near future though, which will combine fleshy calf muscle and boney shin areas.

Mine are all on fleshy areas with the exception of the one on my back, which is my largest one. I do have plans afoot for a leg one in the near future though, which will combine fleshy calf muscle and boney shin areas.

Aye the shin will be a b*****d methinks, especially right at the front.

Edited by 11thHour

There's no correlation between IQ's and tattoos. There's a highly intelligent P&B regular who has 9 tattoos and he could never be accused of having a low level of intellect.

Your post might as well say "if you're going to wear trainers, be prepared for people with an IQ greater than 70 to laugh at you". It's not fact, it's personal opinion. Just because you don't like chest tattoos that say "only god can judge me" (and neither do I), doesn't mean that the person(s) with those tattoos are less intelligent than you or I.

No, it may as well NOT say "if you're going to wear trainers....." because you can't take a permanent banal cliché inked on you off for a formal occasion. You can change footwear.

My point wasn't that people who have tattoos are morons, my point was tattoos with moronic messages (e.g. ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE ME) in prominent body positions are a useful social indicator of a moron. Example: if you saw someone socially in a Montrose shirt you may approach them for a chat if the occasion allowed (or not, possibly), but if you saw an adult with an Old Firm top on you wouldn't be going out of your way for a chat, would you?

I perhaps could have made my previous post clearer. I have nothing against getting a tattoo per se. I have one, and may get more in future (I've certainly considered it).

Folk getting tattoos that mean f**k all. Whether it be some shitey quote on the inside of your forearm from a person that you wouldn't otherwise give a f**k about about, like Marilyn Monroe or Muhammad Ali, or an equally as ridiculous Tweety Pie or mad grape vine looking thing stretching from your tit to your fanny.

I was half cut when I typed this. Sorry if I came across as a bit of a c**t folks.

People can do what they want with their bodies of course. I think I probably dislike these forearm and chest quote type tattoos because I subconsciously associate them with these weird, skinny, loudmouthed neds that ye see walking about in the summer with their tops off everywhere they go. I know that not every person who gets these tattoos are like that obviously.

I don't have a tattoo and it's my personal preference to perhaps never to get one. I've been swithering for a while whether to get a Motherwell badge at my shoulder but as well as my shoulder looking gangrenous when I'm 70, even if there was a way of keeping the tattoo in top condition for that many years there's no telling whether 70 year old superwellfan would even want a tattoo on his body at that age. Some people are quite comfortable with the risk, that's fine, but whether I ever get one.....ach well, we'll see!

I'm planning on getting a tattoo at some point this year; I like the idea of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers asterisk with the band name around it in a circle, but no idea where I'd want it yet. Probably my arm, at the shoulder.

Or the words "alba gu brath" across from one shoulder to the other. I'm certain there was a Scotland top which had that on it in a font I liked the look of, but I've not been able to find it since - am I imagining it, or can anyone point me of the direction of the top I'm thinking of?

I'm planning on getting a tattoo at some point this year; I like the idea of the Red Hot Chilli Peppers asterisk with the band name around it in a circle, but no idea where I'd want it yet. Probably my arm, at the shoulder.

Or the words "alba gu brath" across from one shoulder to the other. I'm certain there was a Scotland top which had that on it in a font I liked the look of, but I've not been able to find it since - am I imagining it, or can anyone point me of the direction of the top I'm thinking of?

Our home top during the Euro 2008 qualifying campaign had ''ALBA'' in a fancy font on the back just below the players' numbers mate. Could be the one you're thinking of?

I've got a number of tattoos, as does my wife, so I'm naturally inclined to disagree with you (and of course, I also disagree with you due to the fact that you're simply stating your opinion and passing it off as fact).

However, I will concede that some tattoos will look bad when people get older, however, not purely because the person is older. For example, a friend of mine has a large skull design tattooed across her chest. It's colourful and extensive and she has many others. I think that chest tattoo won't age well, but only because I don't particularly like it already. I'm not about to sit and pass judgement on it and say "in years to come there are going to be a lot of women in these age groups with terrible looking, and in some cases extensive, tattoos", because I'm not a judgemental p***k, but my personal opinion (which is by no means definitive) is that that particular tattoo doesn't look very nice and by extension won't look nice (in my opinion) in years to come.

That's not to say that all tattoos will age badly or on all people. As to why you've singled out women I have no idea. I would suggest that you're simply a bitter sexist. I accept that you're older, but sexism, like any prejudice, can't simply be explained away by stating "it's a generational thing". To have to state that you "try hard not to be sexist" says it all really.

Does your wife have one of these tattoos that says 'I'm married to that wanker' with an arrow? If not it might make a nice birthday/Christmas present. :)

The fact that you have no proper response is telling.

I had actually started to write a more comprehensive response to your posts then reread them and decided they were so judgemental and, therefore hypocritical, that they didn't merit it. It's nice to know, however, that your one of the posters on here that take yourself seriously and think others should too. :)

I had actually started to write a more comprehensive response to your posts then reread them and decided they were so judgemental and, therefore hypocritical, that they didn't merit it. It's nice to know, however, that your one of the posters on here that take yourself seriously and think others should too. :)

You bottled it in other words.

You bottled it in other words.

Bottling it is when someone challenges you face to face and you don't have the guts to respond, it's not a term I associate with the Internet. Maybe guys like you that live your life online have a different take on it.

Anyway I've got to rush, I'm away to get a "Only Sweaty Pete Can Judge Me" tattoo.