Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Only acceptable if done discreetly if you have a bad chesty cough.

Hate neds who do it as if to look hard somehow.

Hawww min pure dead min mon min man min Hhhhccccckkkkkhhhhhggggghh sput.

People who spit in the street. In particular those who feel the need to drag every bit of gunk out the back of their throat with a sound that is not unlike an asthmatic Darth Vader before launching said projectile onto the pavement. Really disgusting.

Absolutely. Don't mind if it's done into the gutter though, but hardly any of them think to turn their head a few degrees to the side.

People who spit in the street. In particular those who feel the need to drag every bit of gunk out the back of their throat with a sound that is not unlike an asthmatic Darth Vader before launching said projectile onto the pavement. Really disgusting.

I've got sinus problems and do it. I always make sure it's in the gutter and there's no one about though. Don't know if that's any better mind you.

How does it raise a lot of money the pack the bags wrong. Juice in with the bread etc.

Here is a free life lesson.

I always load the conveyor belt to the till with the heavy shit first(beer, dog food etc) the rest is loaded with fresh/frozen kept separate with the last things being items that are delicate, eggs to name for one.

If you load the conveyor thus the person filling your trolley has to try very hard to make a c**t of things and if they don't, reward them, if you are a tight c**t, complement them on their appearance and then do a runner.

How does it raise a lot of money the pack the bags wrong. Juice in with the bread etc.

Step away from the bottle - the sentences are no longer making any sense.

I've done it twice in my 33 years on this planet so I'm not some mental bag-packer extraordinaire.

I just think its a minor hassle that allows groups and charities to raise a hefty amount of cash. I certainly prefer seeing these guys than seeing a colleague with a sponsor sheet (where you're properly guilt-tripped into donating money and everyone can see how much).

How come?

I've done it a couple of times with groups and it raises a lot of money.

This sounds like sexual innuendo - and given your reputation on these boards I can almost guarantee that it is - but nonetheless I can't quite understand it.

That's what Melvyn Bragg said, pervert..

Maybe a bit controversial, but see this charity collecting at the checkout at supermarkets, does my box in, on principal.

Actually at the till?

Never seen that; strikes me as a bit much. I'm sure they'd get more donations out of guilt, but I'd think people would be less likely to donate to that charity in the future if they'd felt pressured. Closest I've seen is at the front of the store, which seems OK.