Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

If you can't smoke in a school playground where can you? You'd only get caught if you try it in the toilets. Much better there than in the car outside too.

They could have waited until they got home rather than standing at the main door! Even if they'd just waited until they got to the pavement, there's a couple of routes to leave the school ground. There was only one door open to get out of the building. Plus, it's a kids playground. Where are they thinking of putting their fag ends if they finish before they get out of the playground? It's rank.

I wouldn't smoke in a school playground as the children would see such a cool looking dude smoking and instantly adopt the habit. But then I pass a school in the morning and see the clouds of exhaust smoke from the parents' cars while pupils congregate on the pavements..

Are they above you, or to the side?

If the former, I hope you do better than I did. Two years living with a mouldy kitchen isn't the best.

They're above. My whole kitchen ceiling will need replaced and whole kitchen and dining room floor too. Walls are peeling, appliances look goosed, ceiling light ruined and kitchen electrics may also need attention. Oh aye and one of the kitchen windows and the surround need replaced. Will need to wait til tomorrow to inspect the kitchen units and worktops. Thank f**k I'm insured.

"Yer da" jokes, especially from non-Glaswegians who don't even refer to their fathers as "da".

Yer da thinks your a disappointment and should've shrink-wrapped that forgettable night.

They're above. My whole kitchen ceiling will need replaced and whole kitchen and dining room floor too. Walls are peeling, appliances look goosed, ceiling light ruined and kitchen electrics may also need attention. Oh aye and one of the kitchen windows and the surround need replaced. Will need to wait til tomorrow to inspect the kitchen units and worktops. Thank f**k I'm insured.

WTF happened? That's a lot more than the usual overflowing bath.

At the school where my wee lass goes to nursery, smoking is banned completely on school grounds, and parents are asked not to smoke even on the pavement outside the gates.

As much as giving up smoking completely is the real answer, I have changed my smoking habits a lot and don't smoke around the school or other places it's frowned upon. Even as a smoker, folk who just can't wait for a fag piss me off.

As a smoker myself, I managed to wait until I got home and went outside on to our balcony for a cigarette. It really wasn't difficult.

WTF happened? That's a lot more than the usual overflowing bath.

The lady of the house went out in a hurry and forgot she'd left the kitchen tap running and the plug in. I was at work and my wife and kid were out, so it was running for hours. It was an hour after I got home before I could get hold of them to gain access to turn off the water.

The lady of the house went out in a hurry and forgot she'd left the kitchen tap running and the plug in. I was at work and my wife and kid were out, so it was running for hours. It was an hour after I got home before I could get hold of them to gain access to turn off the water.

My sympathies. Don't know why the overflow things they usually have in baths and sometimes sinks never seem to work effectively.

Not that it would have helped, but couldn't you isolate the water supply external?

Or just kicked the door in.

Not that it would have helped, but couldn't you isolate the water supply external?

Or just kicked the door in.

I was too busy trying to sort the damage to kick their door in. External supply inaccessible to anyone without subterranean equipment. So, aye, I'm fucked but for the insurance. We'll see what tomorrow brings on that front.

No! I can't abide that word. It's a bloody balcony!

One of my lecturers at Moray House - good guy, but a bit poash - pronounced it as a "bulcony".