Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Aye, yer no fuckin' wrong, Bruce.

Rack off ya flamin galah

Here buy, huv I f**k as like, ya fuckin fucker. f**k (in broad Caithness accent, ya cnut)

^^^^ sounds like Robert Duvall in A Shot At Glory

... Rather than accent, though, I reckon in my case it's more the idiom and patterns of speech.

I'd agree, I'm the same.

You do realise that they aren't doing it deliberately? If you emigrate you are more than likely to pick up a touch of the local accent.

A friend of mine emigrated to Melbourne. Within a few weeks he was sounding like Crocodile Dundee and yet, to this day if I phone and his wife answers you would think she had never left Glasgow.

They emigrated in 1980!

A friend of mine emigrated to Melbourne. Within a few weeks he was sounding like Crocodile Dundee and yet, to this day if I phone and his wife answers you would think she had never left Glasgow.

They emigrated in 1980!

Yeah it's funny how some people's accents change and some don't. My Wife was born in Essex and her best pal in Liverpool. They both moved to Scotland around the same time and yet the Wife still sounds English whilst the 'Scouser' sounds Scottish.

I pick up accents like naebdy's business, unfortunately, and sound like a hideous mess that nobody can place.

The Scandinavians amaze me - whenever a team signs a new laddie from Norway/Finland/Sweden/Denmark, they sound like they were born in the area within weeks.

I pick up accents like naebdy's business, unfortunately, and sound like a hideous mess that nobody can place.

The Scandinavians amaze me - whenever a team signs a new laddie from Norway/Finland/Sweden/Denmark, they sound like they were born in the area within weeks.

Did you have a John Wayne accent on yesterday? I think I spotted you walking down Clackmannan Road after the game and you had a rather nice cowboy hat on.

They never seem to lose it either

Did you have a John Wayne accent on yesterday? I think I spotted you walking down Clackmannan Road after the game and you had a rather nice cowboy hat on.

Aye, that was me. I picked up the hat on a honeymoon visit to Tombstone about fifteen years ago.

The sheriff's tragic death around that time was purely a coincidence :ph34r:

One of the girls I go to college with is one of those weird ones who fantasise over One Direction and live and breathe for these minor celebrities and think that one day, one of them will fall in love with her. Anyway, she went to see Lois Tomlinson at Doncaster's charity match yesterday and was in hospitality. I don't know if this is travel/accommodation/ticket all rolled into one, and I'm going to assume it is, but the price (her friend) paid for this was...

£1,250

Dear. Fucking. God.

Unnecessary use of spoilers :angry:

Am I going mad, or did this thread lose exactly sixteen hours of posts today? :huh:

Anyway...people who dress their pre-pubescent daughters in bikinis more suited to a Girls Gone Wild video.