Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

This grief tourism over that lassie that was killed is pretty distasteful.

Terrible thing to happen, and I'm sure a lot of folk are genuine in their desire to show support, but this "look at how upset I am about this" Facebook shite is horrible.

Yes, but can your wife knit me C3P0 socks?

Terrible thing to happen, and I'm sure a lot of folk are genuine in their desire to show support, but this "look at how upset I am about this" Facebook shite is horrible.

Have the "what a horrible world we live in these days" style comments started appearing yet?

People should be allowed to have sympathies in their own way but we now live in a world where you are expected to show some kind of public acknowledgement rather than do things privately. It's a horrible thing to say but it does form part of this 'trending' culture where people want to be seen as being the first to share something or be involved in something, are they really as upset as they say or are they simply wanting others to acknowledge their 'concern' or 'grief', it's all a big game really. It's a real shame because it dilutes what ever the story or event actually is.

Is this a tax thing? I've worked with boys who complained about losing their extra shift money on tax, but it's party time when the tax return comes in!

Can't say I've ever earned enough for it to be a problem :(

I'm hoping so because it's 100s under what I expected/am due, but I don't see them taking 30% off me for tax and NI so I reckon it's a mistake on their part. I do however refuse to go into work on my first weekend off for ages to collect my payslip to check. Could be a long Monday morning.

Aye does my head in. That Calvin Harris lamp does it too now.

I say we call this horrid practice "Butler-ising" since our boy Gerrard is the worst offender.

You do realise that they aren't doing it deliberately? If you emigrate you are more than likely to pick up a touch of the local accent.

You do realise that they aren't doing it deliberately? If you emigrate you are more than likely to pick up a touch of the local accent.

Here buy, huv I f**k as like, ya fuckin fucker. f**k (in broad Caithness accent, ya cnut)

I get comments about my "Yorkshire accent" whenever I'm back home, and have done since a couple of years after moving. Rather than accent, though, I reckon in my case it's more the idiom and patterns of speech.

People who take a shite in public toilets, absolute scruffs

^^^ lavvy attendant

I'd rather folk used a public latrine than shat on my front door TBH. Bunch of savages in this town.