Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sky Atlantic has all these adverts for Volvo. The folk who say 'Volvo' seem to be trying their hardest to say anything but Volvo.

"True Detective, sponsored by Wallawooo". Whit? It's Volvo you fud. Vol-vo. Wulovooo. Can't even say their own brand.

Sky Atlantic has all these adverts for Volvo. The folk who say 'Volvo' seem to be trying their hardest to say anything but Volvo.

"True Detective, sponsored by Wallawooo". Whit? It's Volvo you fud. Vol-vo. Wulovooo. Can't even say their own brand.

Just sounds to me like they're saying "vulva".

Speedy boarding is handy on busy flights simply because the overhead bins get filled up quickly and it's a Noel Hunt having your bags at the other end of the plane.

Why are you looking to save £10 when your paying £1000 for a holiday?

Are you scared that someone from the back of the plane will pinch your duty free and escape via parachute?

See everything said on airports so far, all of these. By the time I arrive at security, Ive got my laptop out, belt off, metal out of pockets, loose stuff in bag, coat aff. I have ample time to do this, as I am invariably waiting behind 20 people who are stunned by the concept of airport security.

When i get to the front, its laptop and stuff in tray, bag on the belt, quick pat down to check, and through. 30 seconds. See how quickly this could be done? Why can't everyone else do this?

My luxury add on for big airports is Fast Track through security. Saves all the seeth stuck behind a queue of morons and gets you straight to the bar.

The fact that I can never be arsed going back to work after lunch cause I'm too full and cant be bothered working anymore,

Glad to read I wasn't the only one today. Although in my case, it was because I had a second pint and just wanted to take a little nap somewhere.

Pasta salad FTW.

I bought a new home brew kit today (Mexican beer), but after doing some research it appears I'll not be able to keg brew it as, let's face it, beer served at 18c would taste shite.

Means I'll need to buy a shit load of Grolsch in the coming weeks/months for the bottles to brew it in, and in the meantime go and buy an IPA to keg brew.

Baws.

See I only travel with my rucksack as hand luggage now for any ship appointment and it fits conveniently under the seat in front of me.

Christ, I must be knackered. I read that as "nutsack" and pictured Buster Gonad :wacko:

Update: wallpaper sold to some other wifie for £25.

Aye, and I read that as "walloper" . I think I need to lie down...

My work have just sent me a mobile phone. No problems with this..However it has been sent from Head Office...In Birmingham...by Courier!! One man has been sent in a van from Birmingham to Dundee to deliver a Mobile phone!?wtf is the point in this? It would have cost less than a Tenner via special delivery but they use a courier. And they will probably recharge the cost to us aswell

Edited by lightscamera

I've not seen the ad, but it sounds like they're maybe going with the actual Swedish pronunciation, as a lot of their language sounds nothing like the way it's spelled - bit like English in that respect.

You've got the likes of Goteborg for example pronounced more or less to rhyme with "kookaburra", and if one in a thousand foreigners managed to pronounce Vaxjo correctly first time, I'd be amazed.

Edited by Hillonearth

I'm in a pub with three tv's all showing different horse racing programmes and not one person watching them, the only other thing in the pub remotely horsey is the glue holding the fucking furniture together.

Horse racing is a pastime enjoyed exclusively by complete and utter c***s.

I'm in a pub with three tv's all showing different horse racing programmes and not one person watching them, the only other thing in the pub remotely horsey is the glue holding the fucking furniture together.

Try turning one over, then see what happens.

This is from a very good film -

Ryan Bingham: [on getting through airport security] Never get behind people traveling with infants. I've never seen a stroller collapse in less than 20 minutes. Old people are worse. Their bodies are littered with hidden metal and they never seem to appreciate how little time they have left. Bingo, Asians. They pack light, travel efficiently, and they have a thing for slip on shoes. Gotta love 'em.

Natalie Keener: That's racist.

Ryan Bingham: I'm like my mother, I stereotype. It's faster.

Complete shite. Modern strollers collapse in seconds.

Am currently at the airport so all the above gripes are there to see. Carry on luggage the size of a small elephant, waiting until they reach the xray before getting their laptops etc out, queuing at the gate an hour before departure, others rushing to the gate when the flight is called...