Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Yay. Another long Friday night in my office. I have a harsh deadline, and I am this <---> close to a fairly significant breakthrough in my research, so I have to keep going until I drop, otherwise a horrible doom follows. :(

You sound like a mad scientist. Are you trying to cross breed chimpanzees and baracudas?

Edited by ICTChris

You sound like a mad scientist. Are you trying to cross breed chimpanzees and baracudas?

Mwahahahaha! :D

Nah, not that glamorous, although looking in the mirror, Im unshaven, my hair is doing insane things, and I look rough as buggery. I also caught myself wandering around muttering to myself earlier today. Not a good sign, a little bit mad scientisty...

But this is the storm before the calm, I've got to create a training set with 200 speech sentences, which means I am busily creating batch scripts to automate most of it. Sadly though, I still have to manually enter lip features, so I am going to have some long, boring hours on a slow as buggery computer.

If everything goes well, expect my post count to increase ridiculously tonight. :(

the boss goes to me the other day, would I mind swapping my shift on Saturday from a back shift to a day shift. No problemo says Kiwififer...

then she doesn't bother to actually change it. So I got up, showered and dressed this morning at 6.00am to go to work when I wasn't needed. I still have to go do a 3-11 later today.

clueless incompetant fuckwitted management pisses me off. I could still have been in bed dreaming of Drew Barrymore, a kiddy's paddling pool and a vat of KY :angry:

This isn't anything bothering me right now, but I really, really hate people who use their laptops in lectures. I'm trying to take notes down and all I can bloody hear is the sound of keys getting presses at turbo speed. It's really annoying. Maybe they think I'm daft for not using my laptop, but I simply can't type fast enough to take stuff down.

Fucking key thumpers. Hate them <_<

This isn't anything bothering me right now, but I really, really hate people who use their laptops in lectures. I'm trying to take notes down and all I can bloody hear is the sound of keys getting presses at turbo speed. It's really annoying. Maybe they think I'm daft for not using my laptop, but I simply can't type fast enough to take stuff down.

Fucking key thumpers. Hate them <_<

at Stirling it's the library that pisses me off when folk (yes, the chinese) use their laptops there...

effing L-I-B-R-A-R-Y, p***ks.

My sister's communion is tomorrow. My maw is trying to make me miss the game to go to the reception which isn't happening, but I'll need to miss fives for the actual church ceremony. I don't believe in any of this God nonsense, but I can't see how I can avoid it. <_<

What a pain in the ass of a day I had yesterday. Went through to stay with Steven from Wednesday until Friday as I had two visit in Leven on Thurs/Fri that didn't require any animals. Misplaced my wallet on the Thursday, rang up the school and asked if it was there in a total panic. Found the wallet in my glove compartment.

Yesterday was even better though, was getting ready to head to work and couldn't find the car keys anywhere. Got as far as texting my manager saying I wasn't feeling great when Steven found the keys. Thankfully the text failed to send and I made it to the school on time.

On returning home yesterday I opened my animal room door to find a trail of destruction. The kind of trail of destruction made by an escaped snake whom is an expert at pushing things off shelves that will make a serious mess. After putting plastic bags down all throughout the flat we noticed a little gap under the bath which we thought it best to close in case he got into the bathroom. Then it occured to me "what if he's already made it to the bathroom" and we wondered if we should leave it open in case he had made it into the gap and was unable to get back out. Such are the dilemas when there is a small snake on the loose.

At this point we thought it best to go down and inform my downstairs neighbour that he might come across a 3' snake somewhere in his flat. Thankfully he wasn't bothered by this news and promised to let me know if Oscar showed up.

When I got back in I was quite upset as there are so many little gaps in the flat and I knew he had had about 2 days to find somewhere that'd be impossible to haul him out of. At the moment Oscar is only thinking about getting his tail over and so although the rule is normally "it won't be far from the cage" I was thinking he'd actually be all over the flat looking for a female corn snake. Also as it is mating season I knew there was no way we could tempt the little sod back with food as he had gone off his food a few weeks ago.

However I had a hunch that he was still in the animal room somewhere which was silly as me and Steven had looked through all the places he could possibly have been. I lay down on the bed for a wee while and listened out for bags rustling. The plastic bag trick is excellent as snakes are deaf they cannot hear the noise they are making. It occured to me that we hadn't checked the top of the slow worm and toads viv so I had a quick look there. Then I saw the tree frogs all sitting on the floor of their viv which is odd given they are tree frogs. I shone a torch into the gap between the frogs viv and the shelf and saw someone that shouldn't have been there peering out at me.

Then me and Steven decided to get a take away to celebrate the finding of the Oscar. We started hunting high and low for my wallet only for Steven to say "have you left it at your parents?". On the way home from Kirkcaldy we stopped in at my parents house to clean out my rabbits. I phoned my mum and asked her to have a look and sure enough it was there on the kitchen table.

Yesterday could have actually been so much worse now I think about it but it was a pain in the ass at the time. When we had the problemof the gap under the bath I blootered the bath in a temper and broke the side of it. :ph34r:

Oh yes and I've come down with the bloody cold now too. Had a sore throat yesterday and Thursday now have the blocked nose and phlegm problem too.

Edited by Middleton Mouse

The fucking rain. I hung my washing out this morning when it was really nice and sunny,the washing was done through the week and hung up on the drying screen,one good morning and I thought it might get dry. :angry:

The fucking rain. I hung my washing out this morning when it was really nice and sunny,the washing was done through the week and hung up on the drying screen,one good morning and I thought it might get dry. :angry:

Hope you keep the rain up there then as I've also put my washing out and the sun is splitting the trees down here :P

Hope you keep the rain up there then as I've also put my washing out and the sun is splitting the trees down here :P

I should have just left the washing out,it's nice and sunny again. I can't catch a break today. :lol:

I should have just left the washing out,it's nice and sunny again. I can't catch a break today. :lol:

Oh I hate that. When you rush out and bring it in only for the sun to come right back out again. Mind you even if you have to bring it back in before it's dry it smells so much nicer :D

Oh I hate that. When you rush out and bring it in only for the sun to come right back out again. Mind you even if you have to bring it back in before it's dry it smells so much nicer :D

I had to go out there in my jimjams and my rain coat. :ph34r: I always bring in the washing just before it is properly dry,it makes it easy to iron that way. B)

Same thing happened to me last week, but when the rain/hail came down it REALLY came down, so I was like a drowned rat when I came inside with an armful of laundry only to see the rain/hail immediately cease.

Same thing happened to me last week, but when the rain/hail came down it REALLY came down, so I was like a drowned rat when I came inside with an armful of laundry only to see the rain/hail immediately cease.

It was only a shower here this morning,and it had stopped when I got out there to bring them in. It's meant to be fine here till 3pm,though I'll be at the football by then. :(

I've just found out Ronald Reagan is dead.

I mean.........wtf!!!!!!

:angry:

He was barley alive in the first place.Only America could elect such a right wing no hoper as President.Although i think we are catching them up.