Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Football. Played out of my skin today (I'm a keeper), growing with confidence after just coming back into 11 a side footy after a few years out. A few great saves if I do say so myself, yet my team still lose. Despite the fact we should've seen them off in the second half, 2 late quick goals turned the result into a rout, which we did not deserve. We deserved to get beaten absolutely, however 5-1 simply doesn't reflect our performance. Given only 11 boys turned up, and boys then had to play woefully out of position we played well. Still pissed off though.

I also have an essay for Thursday. I haven't started (my own fault) and I don't quite know what I'm doing. Was going to start tonight but fell asleep. Had to get the early bus up from Glasgow this morning so I'm absolutely shattered.

I'm glad you added that last part in - I was getting worried you were about to make your first post without sexual innuendo! ;)

Heaven's forfend. If it helps any, I'm watching the James Bond film at the moment! Plenty of material the young 'uns will probably not have encountered before so it will seem like fresh material! (It was made in 1967 - when I was seven!) :(

I really, really must get around to reading Lord of The Flies one day. I'd always dismissed it as "boyish rubbish", but after reading the above comments, I reckon I might give it a shot.

Do. It really is a lot deeper than just some shipwrecked schoolboys running riot! ;)

thanks Kilt, will get back to you later in the week. :D

thanks

Anytime. I'm here all month, apart from two hours a day, three days a week. I'll PM my email address as a bonus..... ;)

The roadworks on the M8 just after the Kingston Bridge. The trains being off between Paisley and Glasgow just made the chaos worse. It took over 2 hours to get back from Falkirk yesterday, mainly due to p***ks screaming up the lane clearly marked city centre only and barging their way into the queue.

Some w****r in a Mercedes tried to do exactly this and get into the queue ahead of me and not only was he on his moblie phone, his wee yappy dog was sitting on his lap whilst he was driving up the motorway. Being on the phone is bad enough, but having a dog on your lap as well whilst driving is just fucking ridiculous. Folk like him deserve to be shot.

I really, really must get around to reading Lord of The Flies one day. I'd always dismissed it as "boyish rubbish", but after reading the above comments, I reckon I might give it a shot.

Lord of the Flies is an absolutely terrible novel we were forced to read in S4. It's in the same category as AIDS when it comes to wishing things on someone.

I was sure I had replied to this already, but it seems not. Like the others though, I say avoid Lord of the Flies. Its badly written pish.

My class were offered either Lord of the Flies or The Sunset Song in S4. I was given an incident sheet for suggesting it was like a toss up between cancer and AIDS.

We did Sunset Song, and our teacher insisted on reading parts of it aloud with accompanying accents. <_<

Don't. It's fucking pish.
My class were offered either Lord of the Flies or The Sunset Song in S4. I was given an incident sheet for suggesting it was like a toss up between cancer and AIDS.

Thank you Melvyn Bragg! :P

Whilst it's not a cheery read, it is a reflection of it's time and the Cold War tensions that were beginning to build up.

But hey, I've only got a degree in English Literature, what do I know?!

And how the hell can you dismiss one of Scottish literature's seminal works, The Sunset Song? <_<