Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Sorry for the delay in responding, I was on my way to/in Starbucks when you posted.

I love the rain and am grateful that it replenishes the earth and noursihes the plant-life. I have even been known to go swimming in the rain as it's a really natural and sensual experience/feeling and refreshes your spirit.

On the down side, sharing a bus with twenty to thirty other damp, humid humans leaves you smelling of wet dog and feeling awkwardly 'moist' in an unpleasant way. Whilst I appreciate the rain, there is a time and a place to celebrate its benificence and the Number 38 bus to Glasgow is not condusive to an harmonious and enriching experience. ;)

Don't listen to him, he's on the wind up - at least apart from that last bit. I see you're moisturising - good girl! ;) (Realises this is highly patronising and duly await the internet boot to the baws in due course! :rolleyes: )

It's Forfar - souveniers are made to order; it's a cottage industry. He'll have to wait weeks if they agree to a replacement and old widow McDougal will be in deep trouble for not using a strong enough melted-cow-foot-glue to stick the sponsors logo on.

Honestly Pete, you just don't think these things through, do you! <_<:rolleyes:

:(

changed my college day release from wednesday to thursday. great notice. Not like i am not planning to go to the game on wednesday night, not like a planned for a holiday the day after.

not happy...

They might be doing you a favour re Wed night..

I know that it's likely to be that they've taken a payment in arrears and one in advance as it's the first one,

Sky take all their payments in advance, but it'll depend when your billing date is, and how long you've had viewing before it, as they charge a month in advance from the date of your bill, plus a pro rata amount between the dates you were switched on until your first bill date.

This should of course been fully explained, and would have been had it been 10 years ago when I worked there, and you'd got me on the phone, which I realise doesnae really help you in this case :lol:

Sky take all their payments in advance, but it'll depend when your billing date is, and how long you've had viewing before it, as they charge a month in advance from the date of your bill, plus a pro rata amount between the dates you were switched on until your first bill date.

This should of course been fully explained, and would have been had it been 10 years ago when I worked there, and you'd got me on the phone, which I realise doesnae really help you in this case :lol:

Well, when at the point they took the direct debit, we'd had the service a month (this was the second time setting it up as there was a problem with it the first time around. The DD should have been taken a couple of weeks before), which I didn't realise at first because it just doesn't seem that long, but this is why I made a point of asking several times what the first bill would be, because I had an idea that something like that would happen and I wanted to be prepared for it. I have an idea that all they do is repeat your monthly subscription cost over and over to you, despite it not being what you ask for, just so that you don't go "How fucking much??? You can shove it up your arse then!".

I have an idea that all they do is repeat your monthly subscription cost over and over to you, despite it not being what you ask for, just so that you don't go "How fucking much??? You can shove it up your arse then!".

There was numerous people who tried that 'tactic' when I was there, purely because they never had the confidence to explain it properly.