Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix
Came in from work tonight to found out my uncle had died :( :( :(

Shit, sorry to hear that, Pol. :(

A Denny man?

(I'm from the posh bit over the bridge. ;) )

Shit, sorry to hear that, Pol. :(

A Denny man?

(I'm from the posh bit over the bridge. ;) )

Yeah he was :( he lived at the High School end of the Spine Road, if you know Denny at all

Guest The Phoenix
Yeah he was :( he lived at the High School end of the Spine Road, if you know Denny at all

Sure do - lived in Dunipace for well over 20 years.

My good lady is a Denny lass.

Condolences to all your family.

I get annoyed when people don't take the lid all the way off a yoghurt pot. they just flap it up to the side and dig in instead. I don't know why it bothers me so, i can see that it's possibly a sensible thing to do, it just really annoys me.

Sure do - lived in Dunipace for well over 20 years.

My good lady is a Denny lass.

Condolences to all your family.

:( thanks mate.

Your bound to know my gran if your a Dunipacian. She knows everyone from Dunipace whether they've lived there 50 years or only stopped to ask directions in the 60's. Northfield Road ring any bells?

I get annoyed when people don't take the lid all the way off a yoghurt pot. they just flap it up to the side and dig in instead. I don't know why it bothers me so, i can see that it's possibly a sensible thing to do, it just really annoys me.

God yes.

And unlicked lids are the devil's work!

Guest The Phoenix
:( thanks mate.

Your bound to know my gran if your a Dunipacian. She knows everyone from Dunipace whether they've lived there 50 years or only stopped to ask directions in the 60's. Northfield Road ring any bells?

I'm an interloper - brought up in Stirling and lived there until the lure of being closer to my mother-in-law became irresistable. She's been in Denny all her life.

I know Northfield Road - and it's current claim to fame is that it's closed to traffic for 12 weeks! :lol:

I'm an interloper - brought up in Stirling and lived there until the lure of being closer to my mother-in-law became irresistable. She's been in Denny all her life.

I know Northfield Road - and it's current claim to fame is that it's closed to traffic for 12 weeks! :lol:

:lol: its only about 8 weeks left now, despite the sign remaining the same :huh:

Guest The Phoenix
:lol: its only about 8 weeks left now, despite the sign remaining the same :huh:

I've commented on the stupidity of the signage as well - surely even the dumbwits at Falkirk Council could have realised it would have helped to have shown the start date (or even better the projected end date).

I've commented on the stupidity of the signage as well - surely even the dumbwits at Falkirk Council could have realised it would have helped to have shown the start date (or even better the projected end date).

This plea would be reasonable, if it were not for the fact it is Falkirk Council we are dealing with :lol:

Royal Mail's strike...right after I've bought two tickets to go to Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough on Saturday week when I'm down in London. I'll need to phone Palace and find out what's going on as I leave on Wednesday :angry:

Now after last nights excellent result by Hearts in Glasgow land you would expect Capy to be all sweetness and light...but..Im sorry it is transport related,again.

The trams works are causing chaos in the city so the council puts up signs to use a different route.Fine no problem..except the gas board is digging all the bloody things up.

Ferry Rd has been shut for weeks at Inverleith,so my alternate route is either through Stockbridge or Wardie,and guess what,both being dug up by the gas board.

A bit of planning would not go amiss.b*****ds. :) .

There that better.

Now after last nights excellent result by Hearts in Glasgow land you would expect Capy to be all sweetness and light...but..Im sorry it is transport related,again.

The trams works are causing chaos in the city so the council puts up signs to use a different route.Fine no problem..except the gas board is digging all the bloody things up.

Ferry Rd has been shut for weeks at Inverleith,so my alternate route is either through Stockbridge or Wardie,and guess what,both being dug up by the gas board.

A bit of planning would not go amiss.b*****ds. :) .

There that better.

Where is the hogmanay party meant to be hosted? I'm sure someone said it was still in Princes street and surrounding areas?

Royal Mail's strike...right after I've bought two tickets to go to Crystal Palace v Middlesbrough on Saturday week when I'm down in London. I'll need to phone Palace and find out what's going on as I leave on Wednesday :angry:

If you're out for a beer in Crystal Palace, try the White Hart or the Westow House, both excellent pubs.