Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I agreed with you concerning the fact that we should drive safe regardless.

Do you realise how condescending you are?

Anyone would feel that wee bit worse about killing a child. If you wouldnt, good for you.

Wait until you have a child, you may re-think your opinions.

I'm sorry i really can't see why it would be any worse.

I can definately see your point of view and i dont have any children so maybe that's the difference.

No matter who was killed, it will be someone else's child therefore can still be deemed a child. It could be a newbord baby's parent therefore giving a newbord child a harder life etc.

I suppose it's down to the way you look at it but it's not just the person's life you have affected it's the family and friends aswell.

Guest The Phoenix

This conversation on prats who put up signs on their rear car windows was one I posted about to a few months back.

"Baby on board" I can just about tolerate but when it comes to "Princess on Board" & "Babe on Board" etc, it makes me want to boak.

As far as I am concerned anyone who displays such signage should be forced to display one of those front windowscreen sun visor strips with their names attached:

DICK and FANNY

I'm sorry i really can't see why it would be any worse.

I can definately see your point of view and i dont have any children so maybe that's the difference.

No matter who was killed, it will be someone else's child therefore can still be deemed a child. It could be a newbord baby's parent therefore giving a newbord child a harder life etc.

I suppose it's down to the way you look at it but it's not just the person's life you have affected it's the family and friends aswell.

I respect the point that you're making there RosscoTon but I just think I would feel worse killing a child.

Guest The Phoenix
What way would you prefer me to insult you baldy!

Watch it Santa!

Consider that to be your first official warning - two more and the boys will be round. :angry:;)

Guest xbasslichtie
I think it may be time for a haircut and beard trim. One of my colleagues last night said I had a 'Braveheart' thing going on and then, waiting for my bus home, a five year old walked past, looked at me and said to his Dad 'Is that Santa?' :o<_< Cheeky wee shite! :angry::(

I know the feeling - the kids in my mums village call me 'werewolf' sometimes. B)

I think it may be time for a haircut and beard trim. One of my colleagues last night said I had a 'Braveheart' thing going on and then, waiting for my bus home, a five year old walked past, looked at me and said to his Dad 'Is that Santa?' :o<_< Cheeky wee shite! :angry::(

Almost as funny as being at the chambers on Fri afternoon with a wee girl of 3 and during the ceremony she ran up to a painting of John Scott (or somebody, the name escapes me!) shouting "Their's Santa!" :lol:

Why is it more important to make an effort to take care behind a car carrying a child, than it is to make an effort to take care behind a car that isn't? If you smahed into my car because you were driving recklessly and killed me, you'd feel less bad because I wasn't a child?

You should be driving carefully at all times. :)

Agree.

The sort of person who would drive right up your arse, overtake on blind corners etc is hardly going to change because of some stupid sign.

You are either a considerate driver or you arent. No amount of pleading signage is going to change that.

(Caveat: I dont have any kids so maybe parents feel differently)

Guest The Phoenix
:o

Mr Phoenix's crack squad of baldy enforcers bursting into action.... :rolleyes::P:lol:

:lol: ( :angry: )

Give me time I'll find a better picture than that!

What about people with signs that say "Babe on Board" and all that? Do they deserve leeway on the roads? Or should they be tailgated right up until they reach their street?

I actually find those signs quite amusing. If only because it pokes fun at the pompous folk with their Baby On Board signage.

Only disappointment is that the "babes" often fail to live up to their own lofty descriptions of themselves... :(

Maybe old people should have a sign in the back of their cars : 'OAP on Board'.

This would give you leeway to drive as carelessly as you want since the people in the car have already had a full life. If you killed one of them due to crazy driving, it wouldn't matter as much, really.

In fact (just to really ram home my point), all driver should be forced to display the ages of the people in the car so the drivers behind can adjust their care and consideration accordingly.

Agree.

The sort of person who would drive right up your arse, overtake on blind corners etc is hardly going to change because of some stupid sign.

You are either a considerate driver or you arent. No amount of pleading signage is going to change that.

(Caveat: I dont have any kids so maybe parents feel differently)

Spot on Supermac. Arsehole drivers arent gonna stop driving like lunatics when they see a 'Baby on board' sign.

Might make other people with a bit more sense give a little more thought though.

To be honest, I wouldnt have given the topic much thought but when the wee man came along it changed the way I think about things dramatically.