Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1.Someone phones you but you just miss the call

2.You try and phone back but it's engaged, presumably because they're still on your answer phone or they're trying to call you again.

3.They try and phone you back whilst you're trying to phone them so it's engaged.

4.Both of you decide to leave it for a minute presuming the other person is going to call

5.They don't call so both of you decide to try and phone the other person, at the same time again.

This loop can be repeated a fair few times before you actually get to talk to one another.

2.You try and phone back but it's engaged, presumably because they're still on your answer phone or they're trying to call you again.

3.They try and phone you back whilst you're trying to phone them so it's engaged.

4.Both of you decide to leave it for a minute presuming the other person is going to call

5.They don't call so both of you decide to try and phone the other person, at the same time again.

This loop can be repeated a fair few times before you actually get to talk to one another.

To break this loop, send a text saying "call me"

It was the office annual do on Saturday (missed it due to football) but had raffle tickets anyway.

Was told had won a bottle. Had a 1l bottle of Baileys stuck on my desk today, and there are 5 women in the office

complaining they won whisky but don't drink it. Will one of them swop it no, because it will do for my dad/partner

as forthcoming Easter /birthday present.

One night out of boredom in the next fortnight I am going to end up wasted on a litre of baileys unless this can be changed.

Checkout "assistants" who stand stand and watch you pack your own bag while a big queue forms. They could at least offer to help. Ignorant b*****ds.

In Oz they pack the bags for you. I was once told off for trying to pack my own bag!

On the same themse I hate it when you phone somebody a few times and they obviously see missed calls and they never bother calling you back. Then when you meet up and they whinge that you didn't call to ask them if they wanted to join you at the pub or go to the football etc etc...even though it was THEM that didn't return the call.

Or people who never phone you but then complain that you don't keep in touch with THEM :huh:

People in trains: When you sit at a 'table' seat, your allocated legroom is approximately half the width of the table, so that the punter who sits opposite has the remaining half of space. Stretching your legs out so they're almost touching the other side when someone sits opposite is ignorant as fúck.

This is all.

Checkout "assistants" who stand stand and watch you pack your own bag while a big queue forms. They could at least offer to help. Ignorant b*****ds.

Are you a woman? I can pack as quickly as the checkout assistant can scan.

Are you a woman? I can pack as quickly as the checkout assistant can scan.

Seconded. And I hate the charity packers, like the Drumchapel Dance School or local Cub Scout Group doing it. If I've lashed out upwards of £50 on the weekly shop, I want to pack the items my way, in a particular order and most importantly, not sticking a huge box of Bold Washing Powder on top of a punnet of strawberries!

Don't get me wrong, I politely refuse their offer, but still put some money in their collecting bucket. I'm not a complete shit!rolleyes.gif

:angry:

I've been playing guitar for the past year or so. I'm pretty competent at it, but have only ever played whilst sitting down.

I play it standing up for the first time today and I can't hit a single fucking note.

Looks like the old drawing board will be experiencing a another visit.

The only time I've ever encountered bag-packers was when I was trying to go shopping with an arm in a cast, so I'm not going to complain.

We had to do it in S2 to raise money for our trip to New York and Washington.

Tedious. Pish. Shite. And any similar word in the P&B inventory, best covers the situation.

Don't get me wrong, I politely refuse their offer, but still put some money in their collecting bucket. I'm not a complete shit!rolleyes.gif

Yeah, I do much the same. I appreciate they are trying to raise money, but I am basically a significantly better packer than any of them. I put the items on the conveyer belt in a specific order, and I pack in a specific order. So by all means, ask to pack my bags, but if I say no, accept it with good grace. I will more than likely put a quid in the bucket anyway. However, if the adult with you gives me a dirty look and gets in my way, then you and your charity can go whistle.