Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

How low down is the guitar when you stand up? Ideally, the guitar should be at the same height when standing as sitting. Doesn't look 'cool', but I find it's the easiest solution.

At waist level, more or less like the guy in your avatar.

I'm hitting the main chords okay (A, B, C etc), but any sophisticated move, I struggle with.

I guess practice eventually makes perfect, though.

Today in the chippy, some bitch came in and asked for baked potato! After being told that Baked potatoes weren't on sale she looked pretty devastated and spent the next 40 seconds looking into the little ovens at the counter at what there was. Unlike a normal person at a chippy, who would be there to buy chips, she eventually decided that she wanted a fucking salad, without onions. What the f**k is wrong with these people!? Go to a salad bar or some other place were arseholes eat shit food made for arseholes, but don't come to a fucking chippy!

Sounds like you are wearing it too low. You should try it higher up and when comfortable playing standing up, lower it a wee bit. Get used to this and repeat until it's at the height you want it.

I wear my guitar like a gimp, but I don't really care. It's the only comfortable way to play complex passages and speed runs standing up. And if it's good enough for Mr Petrucci (AKA God,) then it's good enough for me.

post-22413-12687703239772_thumb.jpg

Aye, sounds like the best option. It's a different kettle of fish playing it standing up, imo.

Ladies night at the leisure centre.

Me and my mate fancied a swim, so headed over to the leisure centre. Isn't this a bit sexist? I don't see a "Mens Night". I assume it's for all the birds who are embarrassed about their weight to be with others like themselves and don't feel concerned and that, but it's quite bad to close the whole pool and fitness area.

Me and my mate fancied a swim, so headed over to the leisure centre. Isn't this a bit sexist? I don't see a "Mens Night". I assume it's for all the birds who are embarrassed about their weight to be with others like themselves and don't feel concerned and that, but it's quite bad to close the whole pool and fitness area.

Does my bloody head in too. I used to often want to go to the gym and when finished go in to the Health Suite (Sauna, Jacquzzi & Steam Room)...with access to the pool. I'd go all the way down to the Leisure Centre only to find it's womans morning, meaning wasted trip for me.

Like you say it's sexist. If they don't like people looking at them due to their weight then join one of the ladies only gyms and give the rest of us peace.

People in trains: When you sit at a 'table' seat, your allocated legroom is approximately half the width of the table, so that the punter who sits opposite has the remaining half of space. Stretching your legs out so they're almost touching the other side when someone sits opposite is ignorant as fúck.

This is all.

Aye that does my head in too. It's as bad as the person that sits next to you and spills over the arm rest....wankers.

On a similar note I also hate it when I go into McDonalds, KFC etc with the good lady and the kids and after getting served you look for a table only to see one selfish fucker sat at a table by theirself when there is a single seat sat empty next to them.

Or when you can see people sat there knowing there are no tables seats to be had and that you have a young family and your food is getting cold...yet they sit there having finished their meal and want to drag the last few dregs out their drink instead of just walking out and finishing it.

I also hate it when people see you looking/waiting for a table to sit at when your with the kids and they get up and walk away leaving their trays and rubbish on the table instead of putting it in the bin. Meaning you have to shove it over with the tray to get yours down and then clean the table of their shit so you and the kids can eat your food. Selfish b*****ds...aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!

They do this in Falkirk as well. Absolutely shocking in my opinion, I couldn't haave felt more embarrassed walking up to the reception and asking for a swimming band and being told it was a womans only night while a couple of heefers walked passed me as if to say "you are a piece of filth" when quite clearly these people hadn't looked in the mirror since 1984!!!!

Does my bloody head in too. I used to often want to go to the gym and when finished go in to the Health Suite (Sauna, Jacquzzi & Steam Room)...with access to the pool. I'd go all the way down to the Leisure Centre only to find it's womans morning, meaning wasted trip for me.

Like you say it's sexist. If they don't like people looking at them due to their weight then join one of the ladies only gyms and give the rest of us peace.

They do this in Falkirk as well. Absolutely shocking in my opinion, I couldn't haave felt more embarrassed walking up to the reception and asking for a swimming band and being told it was a womans only night while a couple of heefers walked passed me as if to say "you are a piece of filth" when quite clearly these people hadn't looked in the mirror since 1984!!!!

At least it saves you swimming in a pool which looks like there is a wave machine on as they all jump in at the same time!!

I am probably one of said checkout assistants. Except I go on to serve the next person (unless it is an oldie) even if you're still packing.

The one thing that does get on my nerves is that folk know you have to pack your own bags in the shop I work in, yet they stand doing nothing while they scan all your items. Then they wait until they've paid before packing thier bags.

That is the worst thing ever :angry: Theres nothing worse than a checkout assistant who starts scanning your stuff when the person in front of you hasnt got out of the way.

Another supermarket petty nag is when its quite quiet and some supervisor tries to get you onto an empty checkout when you've deliberately picked one thats just full enough for you to empty your trolley onto the conveyor before you have to start packing it at the other end. If I go to an empty checkout, how the fcuk am I supposed to empty the trolley and pack the bags AT THE SAME TIME! Idiots <_<

I'm running the Grangemouth 10K next Sunday, and I've been fighting a head cold since the weekend which has just gotten worse and worse. I'm now coughing quite a bit, which of course is giving me a sore back due to the spasms.

My training was going brilliantly, I was pretty confident of beating 44:31, and now this happens. Won't be able to get training again until the weekend probably and even then it won't be a great deal due to tapering off before the race.

This happened to me last year, when I got the 'flu two weeks before the Great North Run (which turned my hoped-for 1:40 finish into a 1:59 finish).

:angry:

I'm going to play Fives in about an hour, for the first time in about 18 months.

I'm pretty inept at the best of times, but my fitness is so pathetic that this is going to be a complete shambles. I don't have a clue what the standard of the other guys is going to be like either, so I could end up being completely embarrassed by a bunch of superstars. Hopefully they're all lager-swilling lard-arses too, though.

When you are on the train with a few of your mates. There are plenty seats without a table, but there is always one fucker sitting at a table himself! Really does my tits in.

Why do you need a table?

I'm running the Grangemouth 10K next Sunday, and I've been fighting a head cold since the weekend which has just gotten worse and worse. I'm now coughing quite a bit, which of course is giving me a sore back due to the spasms.

My training was going brilliantly, I was pretty confident of beating 44:31, and now this happens. Won't be able to get training again until the weekend probably and even then it won't be a great deal due to tapering off before the race.

This happened to me last year, when I got the 'flu two weeks before the Great North Run (which turned my hoped-for 1:40 finish into a 1:59 finish).

:angry:

PMA Gaz!

Will yourself well. :D

When you are on the train with a few of your mates. There are plenty seats without a table, but there is always one fucker sitting at a table himself! Really does my tits in.

I prefer sitting at a table seat, so if there's one free, I'll always sit there. It's a public train after all. If you want a table to yourselves, then reserve one.