Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The woman next to me at work is choked with the cold, and I’ve been dropping decreasingly subtle hints that she should f**k off and go home before I end up infected just in time for the weekend.

She doesn’t seem to be taking them though.

When it feels like your mobile phone is going off in your trouser pocket when it acutally isnt.

Why is that? Bloody annoying.

Ah the vibrations on false hope... this happens to me quite a bit.

A while ago I asked about ticket prices to London, and people here told me to wait until 11 weeks before I travelled to get the best deal.

So, last night, I checked the prices of single tickets from Stirling-London, and got an excellent price of £33 (booking online). All great, until I check the same journey this morning, and they're now selling them for £15.

Surely, advance tickets should get more expensive as you get nearer to the journey date. As the tickets are non-refundable, I'm unable to cancel the purchase from yesterday.

Bah. mad.gif

St Patrick's Day is a right old crock of shit.

Maybe it's because I'm not drinking this month and I'm a complete fucking killjoy b*****d, but just f**k right off.

I mean, Ireland? Really? What have the Irish ever done for us? Guinness, right, it's pretty much all I drink in the pub these days, so I'll give you that. But other than that? Bugger all.

And don't give me "It's an excuse to get drunk!". Who needs an excuse? Alcoholics, that's who. If you want to drink, then go out and have a drink. Don't put on a big fucking stupid Guinness hat and have your only pint of the black stuff this year, before complaining you don't like it.

It's not St Patrick's Day. It's Wednesday. Now piss off.

I had my first St Patrick's day out last night. Apart from the occasional guy with a silly hat it was a perfectly normal Wednesday night out. Don't really get the hate. Maybe people are just miserable.

:lol: I see that form of patter is definetely catching on.

That form of patter is absolutely shit. Give it up.

Edited by Paco

A while ago I asked about ticket prices to London, and people here told me to wait until 11 weeks before I travelled to get the best deal.

So, last night, I checked the prices of single tickets from Stirling-London, and got an excellent price of £33 (booking online). All great, until I check the same journey this morning, and they're now selling them for £15.

Surely, advance tickets should get more expensive as you get nearer to the journey date. As the tickets are non-refundable, I'm unable to cancel the purchase from yesterday.

Bah. mad.gif

WHere'd you book the tickets from? Im looking to get the train down to London in a couple of months but its lookin at £100.

WHere'd you book the tickets from? Im looking to get the train down to London in a couple of months but its lookin at £100.

I just looked on National Rail Enquiries. It's the east coast line I'm going down on, maybe that makes a difference.

Try and get two singles rather than a return, usually works out cheaper with advance fares.