Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

People who ask for things one at a time in the shop. I was behind a guy who put up a can of fizzy then after being told the price asked for cigarettes then being told the price asked for some matches. How hard is it to put the juice up and ask for cigs and matches at that point rather than wait for individual prices to be read out. It makes a transaction that should take a minute max take faaaar longer.

And don't tell me. When he was told the cost, he then, and only then, went into his pocket for the money to pay.

Like that was a surprise......

People who ask for things one at a time in the shop. I was behind a guy who put up a can of fizzy then after being told the price asked for cigarettes then being told the price asked for some matches. How hard is it to put the juice up and ask for cigs and matches

at that point rather than wait for individual prices to be read out. It makes a transaction that should take a minute max take faaaar longer.

That's a minute of your life you'll never get back. I understand when old people are like this because they feel the reaper at their back and every second counts. just chill the f**k out and wait your turn.

Some fucking idiot on the wife's facebook that moved from West Lothian to America 20 years ago has just posted a huge rant about how bad Obama is, with the words 'close the borders - NOW' in it.

Irony certainly is lost on thickos, eh? :lol:

Parked the motor along george street today, in A MARKED PARKING BAY, only to discover on my return that i had been ticketed. I'm appealing it, they said it was "obstruction". My arse, i was parked in a bay next to yellow lines, but was not even over them.

Parked the motor along george street today, in A MARKED PARKING BAY, only to discover on my return that i had been ticketed. I'm appealing it, they said it was "obstruction". My arse, i was parked in a bay next to yellow lines, but was not even over them.

Most ticketed street in Britain i think. The council make more cash out of George St than the y raise through the council tax.

My gripe. Wed /Thurs/ Fri. Hot and sunny. Sat / Sun pishing down with rain. And a few hours ago,as i prepare to go back to work...the sun has come out.

Most ticketed street in Britain i think. The council make more cash out of George St than the y raise through the council tax.

My gripe. Wed /Thurs/ Fri. Hot and sunny. Sat / Sun pishing down with rain. And a few hours ago,as i prepare to go back to work...the sun has come out.

I had to dig out the shorts for work this week :lol:

That can't possibly be true.

As Private Eye points out this week:

£2m - Compensation to be paid by News International to the parents of murder victim Millie Dowler for hacking into her mobile phone and deleting messages

£4m - Compensation to be paid by News International to former chief executive Rebekah Brooks for having to resign over the hacking and deleting

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

My cat has been scrambling for relevance so hard over the last few days. I think she is insecure and slightly traumatised. Over last weekend I was house-sitting for my sister-in-law, and they have a cat of their own plus two big dogs - a Great Dane and a three-legged mastiff - as well as a guest poodle. So my cat and I were in a fenced-off little room (so my cat wouldn't attack them) and she saw this parade of massive animals and a hostile little cat for days. After a few days of that the house-sitting assignment finished so we came home; and a few days after that my wife came home from her trip. So there's been a lot of change and upheaval for the cat. Hence over the last few days she's spent much of her time jumping up on my desk when I'm trying to work, quietly plotting ways to leap into my lap, etc. Very cute but not good for productivity.

post-269-0-54177700-1317662979_thumb.jpg

Edited by Swampy

i had 2 cats but unfortunately one died about 2 months ago. Since then the little lonely cat just doesnt let anyone sleep. Its as if there has to be someone up in the house at all times, and if we are all asleep she lets u know someone has to be up.....screeching.

So pretty much for the last 2 weeks someone has been up in the house all the time lol. My old man doesnt work anymore for health reasons so its usually him. Thursday/Friday its usually me as im off Friday/Saturday. Still feel kinda sorry for her, but now its gettin a little annoying.