Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

Well I am from Arbroath...:lol:

But no, I just had a serious of very hard paper rounds, I'm still in my mid 20s! :ph34r:

Everything is serious to you.

As I spent all my pennies going Romania last month, and I'm planning stuff for both my parents 50th birthdays next month, this basically means that I can barely afford to leave the house this month. :(

Where did you go in Romania and was it any good? I work with a couple of Romanians and they tell me how much I could get for my money if I went to some coastal resort that I can't mind the name of.

Seriously considering going there for my stag this year although having to fly from Luton is a bit of a pisser.

Obviously ignore the above if you were out there in some third world slum working in an orphanage.

Here's my PTTGOYN.

Guys who watch soap operas. Fucking weird hands down.

Guys posting about it on P&B is even weirder.

Is this sexist? I don't give a f*ck.

Is this judgemental? Yes.

Is this fact or opinion? Fact.

Here's my PTTGOYN.

I really don't understand why anyone would be so pissed off with what someone else watches on tv. Do you hate soaps because STV cancelled Take The High Road?

I really don't understand why anyone would be so pissed off with what someone else watches on tv. Do you hate soaps because STV cancelled Take The High Road?

It's worse than that Bert, he is still resentful at the cancellation of Garnock Way.

^^^^^^^ Addicted to soaps. Avoids soap.

It's worse than that Bert, he is still resentful at the cancellation of Garnock Way.

What I like about that is I've heard of Take The High Road but I've never heard of Garnock Way. You never cease to amaze me Zen.

Edited by Granny Danger

Where did you go in Romania and was it any good? I work with a couple of Romanians and they tell me how much I could get for my money if I went to some coastal resort that I can't mind the name of.

Seriously considering going there for my stag this year although having to fly from Luton is a bit of a pisser.

Obviously ignore the above if you were out there in some third world slum working in an orphanage.

I went to a place right in the centre of Romania called Sibiu. It is really, really nice. The people are really friendly and everyone under 35 speaks perfect English. Its a strange mixture of really rich and really poor, but it is a really nice place. I would actually love to have spent more time there and seen more of it, as it has mountains, glorious beaches, the lot. I don't know if its a stag do type place though, it seems that it is very "unfashionable", and so its completely free of stag do type tourism. For a really nice holiday a bit off the beaten track, I'd recommend it, for a stereotypical stag night, I'm not so sure.

I actually found that the pubs weren't all that great value though. They were generally quite small intimate places, and alcohol wasn't really any cheaper than it is here. A shot of Sambuca (say) costs about £2, so no real change. A lot of the food and day to day stuff is cheap, but the booze is a bit pricey. In one of the bars I was at too, they were watering down their shots. Oh, and they don't have a smoking ban yet, and you really, really notice the difference! I woke up one morning in particular with my coat on the floor beside me, and I just had to chuck it out of the door, it reeked.

Overall, fantastic country, really good culture, really nice people, not ruined by English stag parties, but I'm not so sure its party central.

Here's my PTTGOYN.

Aye ok but....do you think Kylie's baby belongs to Nick or David?

I went to a place right in the centre of Romania called Sibiu. It is really, really nice. The people are really friendly and everyone under 35 speaks perfect English. Its a strange mixture of really rich and really poor, but it is a really nice place. I would actually love to have spent more time there and seen more of it, as it has mountains, glorious beaches, the lot. I don't know if its a stag do type place though, it seems that it is very "unfashionable", and so its completely free of stag do type tourism. For a really nice holiday a bit off the beaten track, I'd recommend it, for a stereotypical stag night, I'm not so sure.

I actually found that the pubs weren't all that great value though. They were generally quite small intimate places, and alcohol wasn't really any cheaper than it is here. A shot of Sambuca (say) costs about £2, so no real change. A lot of the food and day to day stuff is cheap, but the booze is a bit pricey. In one of the bars I was at too, they were watering down their shots. Oh, and they don't have a smoking ban yet, and you really, really notice the difference! I woke up one morning in particular with my coat on the floor beside me, and I just had to chuck it out of the door, it reeked.

Overall, fantastic country, really good culture, really nice people, not ruined by English stag parties, but I'm not so sure its party central.

It was just one coastal resort in particular the boys were talking about. They said it is Romania's version of Ibiza which is probably exaggerating slightly but they do reckon it's 24hr partying.

Disappointing to hear about the price of booze considering they were talking about 50p a pint or something stupid like that.

The £100 a night for three stunners of your choice sounded good value for money though. (For my mates obviously).

Just looked the place up - Constanta.