Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I find this happens on all commercial TV channels, but seems to be worse on Sky.

When the inevitable adverts come on the volume level seems to rise by about 10 fold which means you have to make a grab for the remote to turn it down. Once you've done that, and the ads have run their course and your programme comes back on, you then find you can't hear the fucking thing, so it's make a grab for the remote again.

In our house this cycle seems to be repeated ad naseum. The only satisfactory solution to this problem that I have found is to make a beeline for the nearest pub - preferably one without a TV.

I find this happens on all commercial TV channels, but seems to be worse on Sky.

When the inevitable adverts come on the volume level seems to rise by about 10 fold which means you have to make a grab for the remote to turn it down. Once you've done that, and the ads have run their course and your programme comes back on, you then find you can't hear the fucking thing, so it's make a grab for the remote again.

In our house this cycle seems to be repeated ad naseum. The only satisfactory solution to this problem that I have found is to make a beeline for the nearest pub - preferably one without a TV.

This is kind of the same with the news on almost any radio station. The music (and adverts) are a decent volume but the news always drops off, causing me to guess what the first half of the main headline was since I couldn't hear it.

Some genius at the doctors surgery I use decided that it would be a fucking great idea to scrap the book a appointment in advance option (e.g next Friday) , and replace it with you must book on the day. that leaves loads of people scrapping for times on that very day and means its a utter c**t to get a appointment. I'm surprised the w****r who came up with it hasnt got a call from Alan sugar offering him/her a job great stuff.

Some genius at the doctors surgery I use decided that it would be a fucking great idea to scrap the book a appointment in advance option (e.g next Friday) , and replace it with you must book on the day. that leaves loads of people scrapping for times on that very day and means its a utter c**t to get a appointment. I'm surprised the w****r who came up with it hasnt got a call from Alan sugar offering him/her a job great stuff.

Same at my surgery. Inevitably it means that I need to take a day off work any time I want to see a doctor as they open the phone lines at 8.30am but I start work at 8 and the phones will remain engaged until around 9.30, then I'll get through and they'll offer me an appointment for the middle of the afternoon. Pish and totally unhelpful. I didn't go to an appointment recently as something else came up and got a letter a couple of days later reprimanding me and telling me that if I continue to waste appointment allocations then I'll only be allowed "on the day" appointments for the next twelve months, which is a bit of a ridiculous threat since they only offer "on the day" appointments anyway!

People who pronounce (Scottish) Gaelic like it's Irish equivalent. It's Gah-lick, not Gay-lick you fools.

I know not everyone's a fan our national language (unless a live game's on), but you'd think any Scot would be able to say it's name right.

People who pronounce (Scottish) Gaelic like it's Irish equivalent. It's Gah-lick, not Gay-lick you fools.

I know not everyone's a fan our national language (unless a live game's on), but you'd think any Scot would be able to say it's name right.

Gaelic is not, and never has been, our 'national language'.

Middle lane hoggers on the motorway,theres 3 lanes you fuckgoblins

Try being stuck behind these fuckwits with only 2 lanes and the light flashes and hand gestures when you finally snap and go up the inside of them and back out. If I have time to undertake and get back out successfully without breaking the limit you can surely piss off to the left and let me by

Two not enough for you then? :P

Ach it was on the m6 yesterday coming home from silverstone

Try being stuck behind these fuckwits with only 2 lanes and the light flashes and hand gestures when you finally snap and go up the inside of them and back out. If I have time to undertake and get back out successfully without breaking the limit you can surely piss off to the left and let me by

I was overtaking cars on the inside lane yesterday at 60mph

Ach it was on the m6 yesterday coming home from silverstone

I was overtaking cars on the inside lane yesterday at 60mph

Edinburgh bypass, once filtered into that right hand lane it's impossible to get the slow buggers off.