Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The 1970s called and wanted their patter back.

I apologise for the archaeic patter. :(

Eta: Actually, that was a rather stupid comment I made there. I'd take it off if you hadn't quoted it.

Edited by Hedgecutter

2am and the wife starts hitting me, shouting and screaming the house down. This was not how I wanted to be woken. Not only that, but the first words out of her mouth were:

"Who the f**k is Claire?"

Now, she's just woken me up and is demanding to know about a woman called Claire whom I have no idea about. Turns out that during my sleep, I said "I love you, Claire" and the wife heard me. This isn't the first time my sleep-talking has caused gyp to come my way.

Queen Street Station in Glasgow. Why do you wait until a nano second before a train is due to depart before you put the bloody departure platform on the board? Come on; the Edinburgh train from Glasgow is the one that has just arrived from Embra several minutes earlier, and I'm sure you know what platform it is coming in to?

Tantrum over.

Queen Street Station in Glasgow. Why do you wait until a nano second before a train is due to depart before you put the bloody departure platform on the board? Come on; the Edinburgh train from Glasgow is the one that has just arrived from Embra several minutes earlier, and I'm sure you know what platform it is coming in to?

Tantrum over.

So then you go through the barrier and proceed to the train and wait til the doors open and you're in past everyone else. Or at the very least, go through the barriers and look at the boards at the other side.

I do go through the barrier, but am I to strand at random trains and hope I am at the right one, and why is this necessary in the first place? Announcing the platform timeously would stop a late rush and crowding at the barriers.

I see this on a regular basis and it is unnecessary and pointless, or seems to be, unless a Scotrail employee can enlighten us?

I do go through the barrier, but am I to strand at random trains and hope I am at the right one, and why is this necessary in the first place? Announcing the platform timeously would stop a late rush and crowding at the barriers.

I see this on a regular basis and it is unnecessary and pointless, or seems to be, unless a Scotrail employee can enlighten us?

Do they not have an arrivals board that tells you what platform the Edinburgh -> Glasgow train is going to?

Peak time trains normally tell you which platform to go to and it's before the train arrives. On the Edin-Glasgow route anyway. Maybe they have to clean the train or at least sweep trough the carriages before the next service.

The arrivals board normally tells you what platform trains come into and where from. Generally the same train makes a u turn and goes back.

I would hazard a guess it's because, as mentioned, most trains into Glasgow Queen Street just seem to turn around and go back the route they just came with a five minute or so turnaround. If they're advertising the Edinburgh service as platform 4 for 15 minutes, the train will arrive and you'll have hundreds of people crowded round the doors not letting anyone off. Because people are idiots.

It is a pain in the arse though when you're looking at the boards, you know your train is leaving in one minute (or perhaps was even due to leave a few minutes before) yet the platform isn't on the board yet. You think you must be missing something, and the general shrugging from any staff you ask doesn't really help. Having went interrailing in the summer tourists must hit full-on panic mode.

In some films you get a kid, almost always a boy, who's parents have seperated and is living with his mum and her new dude. The kid will act like a dick when he has to stay with his dad, trying to act all cool and like nothing bothers him. Yet when the shit hits the fan, the kid ends up greeting and cowering and is totally useless and when the dad saves the day, the kid suddenly loves the dad again and isn't an insufferable little c**t.

What annoys me is that when the kid is greeting and the dad is busy taking names, the dad never turns round to the wee kid and starts calling them out, shouting in their face, "NOT SO COOL NOW p***k!" or "NOT SO HARD NOW YOU WEE c**t!" or "GET IT ROOND YE YOU AWFUL LITTLE ARSEHOLE!" or derivatives of these.

Edited by DA Baracus

2am and the wife starts hitting me, shouting and screaming the house down. This was not how I wanted to be woken. Not only that, but the first words out of her mouth were:

"Who the f**k is Claire?"

Now, she's just woken me up and is demanding to know about a woman called Claire whom I have no idea about. Turns out that during my sleep, I said "I love you, Claire" and the wife heard me. This isn't the first time my sleep-talking has caused gyp to come my way.

That is absolutely mental...almost exactly the same thing happened to me, same name and everything :unsure2:

I saw a woman, (I say a woman out of kindness), in Asda dressed like a rock chick, (auld as f**k), with four inch high heeled knee length boots.

This was not my immediate PTTGOYN, no, she was taking up all the aisle with her splayed out crutches.

c**t.