Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Getting on a bus in the winter, the driver has the heating cranked up, and all the windows are shut.

There's 30 of us trapped in this fucking tin can, all wearing winter coats. It's unpleasant enough without feeling like you're in a sauna.

Probably you will probably end up at destination flu because of that.

Folk who insist on having mobile phone conversations in the same room you are in. Its a mobile phone, take it elsewhere for f**k sake.

I do leave the room when I'm on the phone, mainly because I'm terrible at tuning out background noise so I can hear the person on the other end, but I'm sure any company I have isn't interested in hearing my boring conversations either.

Morton fans who cheer at half time at our game when the scores are being read out and St. Mirren are getting beat. We have enough problems at the moment without caring how teams not in our league are getting on.

Edited by IainMorton

The p***ks I rented my house to in Falkirk (several years ago!) installing a powercard meter (without telling me) which means I now need to drive all the way there to top the b*****d up. £150 to change it back to a normal meter n aw.

Edited by Cardinal Richelieu

The p***ks I rented my house to in Falkirk installing a powercard meter (without telling me) which means I now need to drive all the way there to top the b*****d up. £150 to change it back to a normal meter n aw.

Can't you leave the changeover to the next tenants or are you not renting out again? I've changed meters before and never had to pay for it.

I'm going to try and sell it Mrs M. I don't want the hassle of being landlord.

This was the price I was quoted a while back. I might be able to beg them to do it for nothing. But that would mean having to get an engineer over. Which means taking a half day (or possibly a full day off work) to sit about in a cold, dark, empty house waiting on Scottish Power to come out. Bah!

Anyone want to buy a 3 bedroom house in Falkirk btw? :)

Guest The Phoenix

The p***ks I rented my house to in Falkirk installing a powercard meter (without telling me) which means I now need to drive all the way there to top the b*****d up. £150 to change it back to a normal meter n aw.

I manage a number of rental properties and in my experience the tenant doesn't get a choice in the matter. The utility company will have insisted in a powercard meter being installed due to arrears having built up.

It is often the case that the amount they feed into the meter will have an amount taken off right away towards clearlng the debt and if you haven't done so yet, I'd check that this isn't the case before you feed money into it, only to find it eaten up!

It's a relatively simply process to get the utility company to re-set the meter but it can take time and several top-ups through the card.

Assuming the meter is clear of debt, it can actually be good thing having a meter, given that future tenants cannot run up a debt. This works if the meter is on the right tarriff and your tenant isn't having to pay more than they would by normal billing.

Cheers Phoenix. Still doesn't escape the fact that I need to drive to Falkirk with a hangover though.

Last time I was there I put £15 on the key thing and stuck it in the slot and absolutely nothing happened. And the key got stuck. So there's a good chance I'll break the b*****d trying to get it out. Expect another post along these lines in a few hours!

Oh, and Mozzamozza.... £200 and it's yours. You need to sort the lecky out though.