Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Guest The Phoenix

It's more that he tells governments to drop debts owed by developing countries and insisting they do more to help those in poverty while sitting on his millions and avoiding paying tax. I don't dislike the guy so much as find him to be a massive hypocrite. I'm not denying he's done amazing work for charity in the past and he seems to be very passionate about the work he does while suffering huge personal tragedy in his private life but he claiming the time he puts in is tax enough is a bit shit.

I could probably suffer him a bit more if he got a feckin' haircut.

Never hear Stephen Fry or any man being called a national treasure, normally folk are calling him c**t, tosser etc.

He's actually listed as one the UK's national treasures on the Wikipedia page for the concept, and I've heard/read him referred to as such more than anybody else, easily.

Doesn't make it any less guff, of course, despite the fact that I personally think he's awesome.

He's actually listed as one the UK's national treasures on the Wikipedia page for the concept, and I've heard/read him referred to as such more than anybody else, easily.

Doesn't make it any less guff, of course, despite the fact that I personally think he's awesome.

The things you learn. I can't stand Stephen Fry.

Guest The Phoenix
Cnuts that put kisses on texts automatically for anything...

e.g. Your mums dead xx or i'll get a pint of milk on my way home xx

:thumbsdown

Not the most threatening ransom note ever TBF.

The identical introductory scene thingys on most TV programmes (e.g. the bit that shows the Thames on EastEnders, not that I watch it). Fcuk knows how much of my life has been spent watching them at half a minute a time.

You'd never know what you were watching otherwise. Western civilization would collapse overnight.

I like the US approach of sticking the titles on for a minute, before immediately cutting to a commercial break. Puts you in your place as a consumerbot.

Nah, I like things like The Thick of It where it jumps straight in and flashes the title up for 3 secs after a minute.

You're assuming an awful lot about literacy rates, there.