Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Mrs Shotgun says she bought a Terry's Chocolate Orange, which is what I traditionally eat for first breakfast on Christmas day. Problem is, she hid it so I wouldn't scoff it in advance. And now she can't remember where.

Is there no end to my suffering?

People that say "But" or. " So it is" At the end of sentences.

There's a girl my work and everything that happens is 'actual', i.e. "that's actual hilarious", "that's actual scary", "that's actual amazing". Does my head in.

Edited by IainMorton

Everything about being home is such utterly embarrassing to be around. I hate watching shyte on tv, i have been asked about Aberdeen weather more than i wish (once) to be asked and i hate the forced chuckles at the same shyte gags on the pish films that are on.

Rather be at a mates having a laugh and DOING STUFF than sitting basing my life on what is on the fkcn television. Actually makes me physically shake in anger, and they wonder why i put my laptop on.

^^^Nae mates.

Everything about being home is such utterly embarrassing to be around. I hate watching shyte on tv, i have been asked about Aberdeen weather more than i wish (once) to be asked and i hate the forced chuckles at the same shyte gags on the pish films that are on.

Rather be at a mates having a laugh and DOING STUFF than sitting basing my life on what is on the fkcn television. Actually makes me physically shake in anger, and they wonder why i put my laptop on.

Haha! I hear you cunto. But 'shaking in anger'?! Calm down you chodbin

Oooff....bet you are a bundle of laughs to be around.

Why don't you go out and do some "stuff"

Arsehole :)

City Link rant, blah, blah, blah...

An absolute fucking shower of a company. I feel like Gunther with the amount of swearing here but I'm past giving a f**k. They've annoyed the hell out of me. I'll be on the phone to them as soon as Christmas is over.

Ah, great. Fucking nice one. No chance of me getting my money back or my complaint email read then. City Link go into administration. Is it harsh to suggest that if they could run a business, they'd probably get more business?

Edit: oops, I missed that there was another page to this and didn't realise it had been posted already.

Oh well.

Edited by Mrs M

Actually, that does sound harsh, so I'll rephrase. It's awful news for the guys that go out, do a good job and provide a good level of customer service. However, the people that let the company down, that give it such a poor reputation and drive customers elsewhere should probably have tried a bit harder. I'm certain they will have staff that are excellent, it's just a shame that they have others that have let them down so badly.

Actually, that does sound harsh, so I'll rephrase. It's awful news for the guys that go out, do a good job and provide a good level of customer service. However, the people that let the company down, that give it such a poor reputation and drive customers elsewhere should probably have tried a bit harder. I'm certain they will have staff that are excellent, it's just a shame that they have others that have let them down so badly.

Most of the time it is management that are the problem,i have a maximum count that I do(107 deliveries)but at peak they just put it in the van and say do your best and what can I do?

On monday I had 152 deliveries on my van and no helper.

Edited by keithgy

Most of the time it is management that are the problem,i have a maximum count that I do(107 deliveries)but at peak they just put it in the van and say do your best and what can I do?

On monday I had 152 deliveries on my van and no helper.

That would certainly come under the bracket of letting the good guys down.

In related news, a friend of mine works for DPD and just mentioned this on facebook. Another friend of hers is a City Link employee who has just been told about this today so she's going to take his CV and see what she can do for him. Good news for him but it's a bit of a shit end to your Christmas for everyone else.

I know a delivery driver who packed it in to do supermarket deliveries for a big drop in wages. The emphasis for supermarket delivery is on competition to keep customers happy, rather than on costs down for suppliers, which is the case for delivery companies, so they give their drivers plenty time so they don't have to rush at peoples doors. My friend is a bit poorer, but a lot happier.

I know a delivery driver who packed it in to do supermarket deliveries for a big drop in wages. The emphasis for supermarket delivery is on competition to keep customers happy, rather than on costs down for suppliers, which is the case for delivery companies, so they give their drivers plenty time so they don't have to rush at peoples doors. My friend is a bit poorer, but a lot happier.

I enjoy my job and get paid well for it,but we can only do what we can.Saying that we have a new boss who was a driver years ago and seems decent and respects us.

I enjoy my job and get paid well for it,but we can only do what we can.Saying that we have a new boss who was a driver years ago and seems decent and respects us.

Makes a huge difference if your boss knows what you have to go through. Unfortunately if they know that they usually know the dodges, perks and excuses..

Surely the best thing is to have a company that plans and runs properly for the Christmas rush?

Instead what you'll have is utter chaos and the management having no idea what so ever other than to hit people with a stick in order to get deliveries out. End result, everyone loses apart from the slippery sharks at the top.

How many deliveries can we handle a day? 50? Okay last year at Xmas we have an average of 150 so let's not buy more vans or recruit more workers just fire 150 parcels in a van and see what happens....

Shit, the phones are going crazy with irate customers and the customer service personal are pissed off, the van drivers are pissed off and want to leave. Well if they want to leave then let them, there's plenty more people out there who will do it.

Turns out if we bought the vans and new drivers then it would have probably been cheaper than retraining the new people and losing the business from annoyed customers but let's sweep that under the carpet.

Quick google confirms my theory

Jul 30, 2014

“Poor poor Royal Mail ”

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee

I have been working at Royal Mail part-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Very poor management skills especially of people that have any form of disability. Use heavy handed and bullying tactics to quiet people.

Cons

Money good for jobs but nothing else.

Advice to Management

New management required.