Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Athlete's foot. 3 weeks of anti-fungal cream followed 4 weeks of prescribed strong anti-steroid cream / tablets twice a day to the point the skin of my hands has thinned to make them peel and still it hangs on. Hoping that amputation as the solution is a long way down the line... :unsure:

Folk who press the up and down button when calling a lift. Scunthorpe of the earth.

People who constantly press the button at pedestrian crossings or pressing it after someone else has. It won't change any quicker.

The gif thread on the NSFW forum has been totally ruined by booitsme posting copious amounts of daft bints jiggling their floppy tits around.

I like tits like most guys but I actually get bored sifting through them to get to the humorous, non-tit based gifs.

This post made me burst out laughing. No idea why. :lol:

Menus that use the term 'hot!' to describe something slightly spicy. Or even worse, the three chillis symbol.

Also, people who know that there are two bus stops 20m apart and still ding the bell for the second one even though somebody's stopped for the first one.

And programmes where folk are gold panning and they always find a bit of gold. Amazing. So rare that every TV presenter can find a bit on their first attempt.

Edited by Hedgecutter

People who constantly press the button at pedestrian crossings or pressing it after someone else has. It won't change any quicker.

Tap the button quickly twice then press it again holding for a second then finally one more quick press and it will change straight away irrespective of the traffic.

Tap the button quickly twice then press it again holding for a second then finally one more quick press and it will change straight away irrespective of the traffic.

I just tried this for a laugh and it worked. Then again, I waited for it turn to green again and then I pressed it once. It also turned red immediately. That's midnight for you I guess. Can't wait for rush hour tomorrow...

Edited by Hedgecutter

Menus that use the term 'hot!' to describe something slightly spicy. Or even worse, the three chillis symbol.

I hate that. Was over in Virginia a few years ago, and went to a chili restaurant in Alexandria that's apparently quite famous. On the menu was something along the lines of "Texas double sixgun hot & wild - try if you dare..." with flames around it and the obligatory three chilis.

Tomato-ey mince.

I hate that. Was over in Virginia a few years ago, and went to a chili restaurant in Alexandria that's apparently quite famous. On the menu was something along the lines of "Texas double sixgun hot & wild - try if you dare..." with flames around it and the obligatory three chilis.

Tomato-ey mince.

Nothing petty about this imo. It drives me fucking nuts.

We have a fairly authentic hole-in-the-wall Thai place in Denver. If you order something hot from the menu, they ask "Do you want it American hot or Thai hot." If you ask for "American hot" they make it mild. Because that's what most Americans consider "hot".

But the ones who've never visited Britain will cheerfully lecture me on how British food is "bland".

Conversely people who stand next to the button but don't press it so you miss the cycle and have to wait 10mins to cross.