Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Australia are to compete in Eurovision, the f**k? I moved to the other side of the World to get away from this fucking shit

Apparently it's growing in popularity in the States too...

Be nice if the Aussies did something a bit different to the usual bland Europop that plagues the competition. Although I'm guessing a "Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport" style humiliation is likely, complete with cork hats and guest appearance from Crocodile Dundee.

I do love me some Eurovision :P

Take it Rolf Harris won't be in the running.

He's doing a cover of Jailhouse Rock.

Number forty-seven said to number three

"You're the cutest jailbird I ever did see

I sure would be delighted with your company

Come on and do the Jailhouse Rock with me

In the words of Otis Lee Crenshaw 'if you ever heard these words in prison you know you're fucked'

Isn't there a manager with enough sense to tell her to bolt and stop distracting others?

That used to be a big thing in our place, burds on maternity leave coming in and doing the rounds with their spawn, normally the same few doing it on a monthly or so basis.

The women tended to gather round in groups telling the mother a. it had her eyes and b. it was lovely, and the guys kept their heads down and tried to avoid eye contact, lest they be forced to tell the truth that the thing looked like Winston Churchill, a process which normally seemed to take a full afternoon.

Management can be dicks, but they came up with a belter to stop this – any proposed visit would need to be preceded by a full H&S assessment, which would require a preparatory visit by mummy to fill in shedloads of paperwork.

Stopped overnight.

That used to be a big thing in our place, burds on maternity leave coming in and doing the rounds with their spawn, normally the same few doing it on a monthly or so basis.

The women tended to gather round in groups telling the mother a. it had her eyes and b. it was lovely, and the guys kept their heads down and tried to avoid eye contact, lest they be forced to tell the truth that the thing looked like Winston Churchill, a process which normally seemed to take a full afternoon.

Management can be dicks, but they came up with a belter to stop this – any proposed visit would need to be preceded by a full H&S assessment, which would require a preparatory visit by mummy to fill in shedloads of paperwork.

Stopped overnight.

"Wow, he looks just like Terry down in Accounts!"

(substitute Terry for whoever mummy was rumoured to have got frisky with at an office party. There's always someone)

Bonus points if Daddy is present at the time.

I shared an office with a wumman who brought hers in the day after she came home from the hospital. She couldn't grasp that a typical office was a hotbed of germs and lurgies and that her bairn had no immunity worth speaking of at that stage. It was February so probably 2/3 of the people there were fighting off colds, yet it was more important that she show the thing off and receive the fawning attention she craved.

A guy in our place came out with a cracking comeback one time when a group of wifies were giving him a hard time for not showing the required level of interest in the latest littlest visitor, along the lines of:

"You're showing me something that happened as the end result of a natural process, that's the same as every other one. How's about the next time I go for a shite, I stick it in a box and bring it round your desks to make noises at?"

Edited by Hillonearth

When you get some boring story in the tabloids and they put a clearly not needed picture next to it????

1 today was a story about how now they put calories on the bottles of booze kids are drinking, teenage girls are not eating so they don't put on weight.

Next to it is a picture of a young girl drinking????

Who needs the picture and why?????

Work being quiet most of the morning, but the minute it hits lunchtime, the customers all start piling in.

It's almost like these customers might have jobs to do at other times!

It's almost like these customers might have jobs to do at other times!

I know gaz, it just gets a bit nippy. All the managers at the other branches (and ours) have asked head office to consider shutting for an hour at lunchtime, but they won't agree to it. Mind you, the bosses are dundonians...

I know gaz, it just gets a bit nippy. All the managers at the other branches (and ours) have asked head office to consider shutting for an hour at lunchtime, but they won't agree to it. Mind you, the bosses are dundonians...

To be honest, any business that considers closing at its busiest time won't stay in business for long.

Guest The Phoenix

Oh, philpy.

Why would a boss agree to closing at the busiest time of the day?