Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Skyscanner.

Looking to go over to Florida and it tells me the flights from Glasgow are the cheapest anywhere in the UK on the dates I'm looking at. On further inspection they want £400 for a flight from Glasgow to Gatwick and then on to Orlando.

I then look up just the flights from Gatwick on the same dates, thinking I could save money by just making my own way to/from Gatwick and cutting out the first part of the journey, and it turns out to be MORE EXPENSIVE

How is this possible? It's essentially implying that the price of a return flight from Glasgow to London Gatwick is negative

Skyscanner.

Looking to go over to Florida and it tells me the flights from Glasgow are the cheapest anywhere in the UK on the dates I'm looking at. On further inspection they want £400 for a flight from Glasgow to Gatwick and then on to Orlando.

I then look up just the flights from Gatwick on the same dates, thinking I could save money by just making my own way to/from Gatwick and cutting out the first part of the journey, and it turns out to be MORE EXPENSIVE

How is this possible? It's essentially implying that the price of a return flight from Glasgow to London Gatwick is negative

Did you click through to the airline or agency sites to check the actual prices? Skyscanner usually just gives an indication. You do sometimes get ticketing anomalies where it can be cheaper flying multistop than direct, so it's worth checking out.

Did you click through to the airline or agency sites to check the actual prices? Skyscanner usually just gives an indication. You do sometimes get ticketing anomalies where it can be cheaper flying multistop than direct, so it's worth checking out.

Probably worth checking out. Thing is I'm literally looking for find the cheapest ticket from ANYWHERE in Europe to ANYWHERE in the States so it's an endless list to check out.

People who type 'Confused.com!'. Even worse are folk who say it out loud.

Fucking drones. Doing it should carry the instant, automatic punishment if vocal cord paralysis and having to cross a room where the floor is made up entirely of upturned plugs barefoot.

Someone put on a 'Best of the 2000s' album at work last week - nothing but dreadful cover versions of otherwise decent songs.

I realise musical tastes change between generations, but something's seriously wrong if the big hits are just note-for-note retreads of old stuff, not even just rip-offs like bands such as Nirvana were accused of being.