Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Nonsense e-mails both at work and personal. The work ones are actually worse, same fucking nonsense day in and day out together with obvious spam. I've had four this morning telling me my Paypal account has been suspended. I do have a PayPal account but don't use my work e-mail address for it.

Are there people who are actually stupid enough to fall for these and click on the links?

Nonsense e-mails both at work and personal. The work ones are actually worse, same fucking nonsense day in and day out together with obvious spam. I've had four this morning telling me my Paypal account has been suspended. I do have a PayPal account but don't use my work e-mail address for it.

Are there people who are actually stupid enough to fall for these and click on the links?

Send enough of them and they'll get a bite somewhere unfortunately.

Microwave at work.

Every time I go to it the door is lying open and the timer has a tiny amount of time on it,

like 4 seconds, or today 1 second.

So someone has set the timer for a couple of minutes and come back and rather than wait till it stops at zero has opened the door with 1second of the time left,

and then walked away and left it. Not cancelled the time or closed the door, just walked away.

Microwave at work.

Every time I go to it the door is lying open and the timer has a tiny amount of time on it,

So someone has set the timer for a couple of minutes and come back and rather than wait till it stops at zero has opened the door with 1second of the time left,

and then walked away and left it. Not cancelled the time or closed the door, just walked away.

Bad day mate?

Microwave at work.

I have been known to do this because certain noises (like that of a microwave I used to have, people chewing loudly, Hotel California by The Eagles) go right through me and I can't bear it. I'd always clear the timer though or I'd be able to think about nothing else for the rest of the day. Who the f**k leaves a door open? A c**t, that's who.

I did once, about fifteen years ago, back when the only way to check links was to view the source code, and PayPal used to regularly send emails out with 'Click here to log in' links. The one I fell for was just a direct copy of an actual PayPal email with the link changed; I don't know why more scammers don't do that instead of writing their own shitty-looking text-based messages riddled with spelling mistakes.

Anyway, it took me to a copy of the login screen, and I didn't check the URL. Thankfully, they hadn't tried anything fancy like redirecting the details to the actual PayPal site, so it just prompted me for my details again. That made me notice the URL and scuttle off to change my password on the actual PayPal site, so I got away with it.

TL;DR - I was that soldier, and I bet there are plenty of other folk on here who've been caught at some time and would rather forget it had happened :P

I did once, about fifteen years ago, back when the only way to check links was to view the source code, and PayPal used to regularly send emails out with 'Click here to log in' links. The one I fell for was just a direct copy of an actual PayPal email with the link changed; I don't know why more scammers don't do that instead of writing their own shitty-looking text-based messages riddled with spelling mistakes.

Anyway, it took me to a copy of the login screen, and I didn't check the URL. Thankfully, they hadn't tried anything fancy like redirecting the details to the actual PayPal site, so it just prompted me for my details again. That made me notice the URL and scuttle off to change my password on the actual PayPal site, so I got away with it.

TL;DR - I was that soldier, and I bet there are plenty of other folk on here who've been caught at some time and would rather forget it had happened :P

I got an RBS one a couple of years ago when tired and not really paying attention, the link took me to a page nearly identical to the real internet banking signing in page. Luckily I woke up and found something not quite right. I forwarded the email to RBS's fraud department but didn't hear anything back. Could have been pretty catastrophic as I get access to my parents accounts as well as my own with the same login.

Hospitals/doctors/dentists who ask you to turn up 10 minutes early then don't look at you for at least half an hour.

This arse isn't going to fix itself you c***s.

Let me guess - you fell on it while getting dressed, aye?

No wonder they can't bear to look at you.

I have been known to do this because certain noises (like that of a microwave I used to have, people chewing loudly, Hotel California by The Eagles) go right through me and I can't bear it. I'd always clear the timer though or I'd be able to think about nothing else for the rest of the day. Who the f**k leaves a door open? A c**t, that's who.

If you don't like Hotel Calafornia then you have serious issues. I hope you encounter loud chewing people every day for the next year.