Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

The number of people who get on the bus for two stops or a similarly short journey is ridiculous too, just walk!

One of the streets beside me has two stops 70 metres apart.  Part of me is tempted to travel it by bus.

Aberdeen's Union St is probably the worst for the lazy folk you describe though.  Given the volume of folk getting their purses out at last minute and all the traffic lights, it's genuinely quicker to walk it.  There's been numerous times I've just missed the 1 or 2 for Bridge of Don and simply walked down ahead of it, getting on at a later stop. 

One of the streets beside me has two stops 70 metres apart. Part of me is tempted to travel it by bus.

Aberdeen's Union St is probably the worst for the lazy folk you describe though. Given the volume of folk getting their purses out at last minute and all the traffic lights, it's genuinely quicker to walk it. There's been numerous times I've just missed the 1 or 2 for Bridge of Don and simply walked down ahead of it, getting on at a later stop.

Aberdeen seems to be really bad for having a ridiculous number of bus stops in a short distance. With work, I've been in several areas of Aberdeen and I've noticed that so many of them will have bus stops that aren't even 50 yards apart. The traffic on Union St is bad enough at times but it can easily take 10-15 minutes just to get from one end to the other on a bus.

Also let's vote if we want to see Union Terrace Gardens redeveloped. Oh, everyone is for the plans? Nah, fck yez, we'll put the money elsewhere like building a hotel complex in front of Marischal College - which would be the perfect spot for some more greenery in the city centre. A braw square for tourists and lunchtime chilling. Naw, fck yez. Another concrete, grey joke.

A braw square for tourists and lunchtime chilling. Naw, fck yez. Another concrete, grey joke.

The more that thing goes up, the more I despise it.  That little gap they've left so you can see through to the now completely out of place Provost Skene's House is both comical and horribly depressing at the same time.  Couldn't even develop their own front garden for good ffs. 

No-one wants to stop at Sandilands Drive. It's even worse than Methil.

I actually meant the roundabout at King St/School Road/St Machar Drive where the Spar is. Apologies for getting it wrong.

So that'll be two roundabouts on the same road where every major / busy exit (or 8 out of the 9 total exits) has a set of traffic lights (plus additional lights every 100m between them).  Genius. 

There's no traffic lights on the exit towards the beach on that roundabout.

Aye there is.

Edited by Hedgecutter

That building site in front of Marischal College is an absolute eyesore. It should be criminal to put something so bogging in front of such a stunning building.

Copping a 'suspension' for writing "Fùck the pope and the IRA", a perfectly reasonable and personal view.

Homophobic posts are cool though, they'll just delete them and let the poster then do it again the same day. Just delete that too.

Copping a 'suspension' for writing "Fùck the pope and the IRA", a perfectly reasonable and personal view.

Homophobic posts are cool though, they'll just delete them and let the poster then do it again the same day. Just delete that too.

Wondered where you'd gone.

#FreeTheDeeboy

Wondered where you'd gone. #FreeTheDeeboy
  Thank you for your support at this challenging time.
Suspended  :lol: Minterland.
Wrongfully, I'm sure you'll agree. I put it to you, patrons of Pie and Bovril, that certain moderators should be held accountable for their over zealous acts of jealousy. Follow me into the fight, together we can win the war.Vive la résistance!

My girlfriend has had the hiccups for about 15 minutes, it's not her fault and nothing helps but it's annoying the utter shit out of me.

Apparently a surprise helps. Not sure what form this should take, however. Suggestions?

My girlfriend has had the hiccups for about 15 minutes, it's not her fault and nothing helps but it's annoying the utter shit out of me.

Apparently a surprise helps. Not sure what form this should take, however. Suggestions?

He should tell her she's been binned.

Put your fingers in her ears and get her to swallow (fnarr fnarr).

Problem solved.

Thank me later.