Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 hours ago, NewBornBairn said:

I've flown about a dozen times in the last couple of years, mostly internal. It was only before the last flight that I realised I'd carried my pen-knife on board every one.

leatherman.jpg

I thought they were supposed to check these kind of things?

I think they're more concerned about making folk have to buy correct-sized toiletries from duty free than worrying too much about you stabbing someone. 

2 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

Delivery drivers who waste my fucking time because they decided it would take 5 seconds less to sit and write out a card and post it through the letterbox, rather than ring the doorbell and have me sign for the parcel I took the day off to sit in for.

I've yet to get into ordering stuff online. Online shopping is meant to be convenient yet folk (my wife) seem to spend most of their life waiting on parcels, sending back parcels, moaning about parcels not turning up, trying to find where parcels have gone...

I've yet to get into ordering stuff online. Online shopping is meant to be convenient yet folk (my wife) seem to spend most of their life waiting on parcels, sending back parcels, moaning about parcels not turning up, trying to find where parcels have gone...

If you think online shopping is bad for that, try being a major drug dealer.

51 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

I was once royally ripped off by a delivery company. My parcel was due to arrive on a Tuesday but I was going to be at work so I arranged for my neighbour to take it in. Got home from work, no parcel. When I checked on line it turned out the van driver had clocked off at two in the afternoon and hadn't had time to get to me. The company offered delivery the following day but my neighbour was going out so couldn't do that. I decided to collect it myself at the weekend. I knew the company was somewhere in West Lothian but their website didn't give the exact address so I had to phone them. The girl said they didn't publicise their address "for security reasons" but once I had given her the parcel details she told me where to pick it up. All fine - until I looked on Google Maps and found the depot was miles from anywhere. I don't drive so would have had to shell out a fortune for a taxi. I phoned them again and the only way I was going to get my parcel was to pay extra for a Saturday delivery. I pointed out that it was their fault the thing hadn't been delivered on the Tuesday as they had promised but got nowhere. So in the end I had to shell out a tenner (paid in advance by Visa) to get my parcel delivered. b*****ds.

I was once royally ripped off by a delivery company. My parcel was due to arrive on a Tuesday but I was going to be at work so I arranged for my neighbour to take it in. Got home from work, no parcel. When I checked on line it turned out the van driver had clocked off at two in the afternoon and hadn't had time to get to me. The company offered delivery the following day but my neighbour was going out so couldn't do that. I decided to collect it myself at the weekend. I knew the company was somewhere in West Lothian but their website didn't give the exact address so I had to phone them. The girl said they didn't publicise their address "for security reasons" but once I had given her the parcel details she told me where to pick it up. All fine - until I looked on Google Maps and found the depot was miles from anywhere. I don't drive so would have had to shell out a fortune for a taxi. I phoned them again and the only way I was going to get my parcel was to pay extra for a Saturday delivery. I pointed out that it was their fault the thing hadn't been delivered on the Tuesday as they had promised but got nowhere. So in the end I had to shell out a tenner (paid in advance by Visa) to get my parcel delivered. b*****ds.

That really is one of the saddest stories ever. Couldn't you get a mate to drive you? And what does paid in advance by visa have to do with it? I'm confused!

1 minute ago, DI Bruce Robertson said:

That really is one of the saddest stories ever. Couldn't you get a mate to drive you? And what does paid in advance by visa have to do with it? I'm confused!

No mates with cars available at the time. And they wouldn't agree to deliver until I'd paid up front.

Something that has really started to irritate me on planes, short haul flights specifically, are the people who have mistaken their 1hr 20 mins flight from Heathrow to Inverness as some sort of circumnavigating trip across multiple time zones, and feel the need to order 3 drinks and a sandwich at once. There is absolutely no justification for spending £20 on 3 warm tons of cider and a crispy lettuce sandwich when you're about to land just as the seatbelt sign has gone off. Dicks.

Something that has really started to irritate me on planes, short haul flights specifically, are the people who have mistaken their 1hr 20 mins flight from Heathrow to Inverness as some sort of circumnavigating trip across multiple time zones, and feel the need to order 3 drinks and a sandwich at once. There is absolutely no justification for spending £20 on 3 warm tons of cider and a crispy lettuce sandwich when you're about to land just as the seatbelt sign has gone off. Dicks.

They probably have those inflatable neck pillows too, expecting to fit all that into what is basically an hour in the air, and have a snooze as well! Arsehiles.

13 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Or people who whine about budget airlines when they're only travelling for a couple of hours and it's more comfortable than a bus.

Or people who whine about budget airlines when they're only travelling for a couple of hours and it's more comfortable than a bus.

Honestly, budget airlines are ideal. You can spend £80 flying to London and back or something like £200 for the train which will also take up a full day.

Also, the scumbags that take small suitcases as their hand luggage that will demolish everything in their path to force it in to the overhead lockers. It's very satisfying to see people pulled up at boarding and made to pay extra because they "didn't realise" 2 weeks worth of clothes wouldn't fit on.

25 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

You have to admire that intake on a short flight.

10 minutes ago, WeAreElgin said:

Also, the scumbags that take small suitcases as their hand luggage that will demolish everything in their path to force it in to the overhead lockers. It's very satisfying to see people pulled up at boarding and made to pay extra because they "didn't realise" 2 weeks worth of clothes wouldn't fit on.

And grown men who use a case the size and weight of a large handbag with fucking wheels. You can fit twice as much in a small cabin size rucksack without the handle and wheels, and you won't trip people up with the horrible things, and you can squeeze it under the seat in front if the lockers are full.

Edited by welshbairn

Yes, this too. I'm getting angry just thinking about this. It's almost as though when the majority of people step into an airport they lose all common sense.

Common sense can't be far away from being a super power, along with manners and empathy. Considering the amount of morons out there