Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Whilst we're on the subject, "pre-drinks" is an awful phrase (see also; "pres") but it seems to be the only phrase that people nowadays understand when referring to having a few drinks in someone's house before heading out.

I've even said to folk "have a few drinks in place X first" to which they've replied "aye, then where will we go for pres?"

I've found that this word has died out as I've gotten older. Totally forgot about it until you said it, it is indeed a very annoying word and I've been guilty of saying it myself on many occasions. ;)

13 minutes ago, smpar said:

Whilst we're on the subject, "pre-drinks" is an awful phrase (see also; "pres") but it seems to be the only phrase that people nowadays understand when referring to having a few drinks in someone's house before heading out.

We're clearly of different generations but 'prees' would annoy the f**k out of me.  My big girl and her pals are happy to preen and primp and have a bevvy at my place before they go out but would never use that word.  That being said one of her pals is a smoker and calls it a 'gret' as in "Is your dad ok if I have a 'gret'"  You're welcome to smoke but please try and speak English.

We're clearly of different generations but 'prees' would annoy the f**k out of me.  My big girl and her pals are happy to preen and primp and have a bevvy at my place before they go out but would never use that word.  That being said one of her pals is a smoker and calls it a 'gret' as in "Is your dad ok if I have a 'gret'"  You're welcome to smoke but please try and speak English.

Boot. Pie.

The advert for the six nations rugby doing the rounds on the BBC.

My PT isn't that rugby exists, or that people who think it's worthwhile exist, nor even is it the fact that in this advert citizens of those six nations list off things people from their nation have achieved and we get haggis, kilts and bagpipes among others. The Irish burd who says "we built the Titanic" takes the prize here. I'm not even sure if it actually is getting on my nerves or if I'm too incredulous every time I hear it.

Either way, rugby's shite.

19 minutes ago, Miguel Sanchez said:

Either way, rugby's shite.

This post exists just for me to disagree with you.  Not that that ever happened before ;)

My (current) PT is P&Bers who dislike egg-chasing.  An absolutely brilliant sport for we larger blokes with a foot like a threepenny bit.  Oh, and Scotland is pretty good at it at the moment.  I'll be glued to the telly on Saturday with a few friends shouting for Scotland...

About 10 years ago I used to enjoy going to a mates before heading out and getting pished enough that you didn't need to buy much when you were out. Nowadays I head to the pub early doors and look to get pished enough and up the road before all the wee tadgers make it out for the night.

Have never called it pre-drinks mind you, because I'm not a 16 year old lassie with a Foundy education.

Footy banter lad-types and how they're completely stunned that a non league side (Sutton Utd) have a non league-looking dressing room.

In fact, footy banter lads in general. They're the second worst group of people in society, just behind the rugby banter lads.

14 minutes ago, smpar said:

Footy banter lad-types and how they're completely stunned that a non league side (Sutton Utd) have a non league-looking dressing room.

In fact, footy banter lads in general. They're the second worst group of people in society, just behind the rugby banter lads.

Golf banter lads are by far the worst imho