Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I've read the last couple of pages and I'm still not entirely sure what's going on.
Does she lie the cheese flat on it's large side?  Or stand it upright along the longest narrow side and slice down the way?
Because the second example is correct.  The first is the act of a crazy person.

It's crazier than either of them , I gather that she stands it on a narrow side , doesn't matter which , then slices a layer off the large side. I just don't understand how that could result in a slice of uniform thickness , I would also be intrigued to know how she deals with it when the block gets down to its final quarter thickness or so , surely her technique could result in nothing other than a broken shambles .

11 minutes ago, JamesP_81 said:

It's crazier than either of them , I gather that she stands it on a narrow side , doesn't matter which , then slices a layer off the large side. I just don't understand how that could result in a slice of uniform thickness , I would also be intrigued to know how she deals with it when the block gets down to its final quarter thickness or so , surely her technique could result in nothing other than a broken shambles .

She's obviously slicing the cheese this way to make toasty cheese cheese.

It's the only explanation.  

1 hour ago, irvine_buddie said:

I took it as she cuts down the largest face of the cheese.. which would take an very steady hand and sharp long knife to avoid getting an uneven slice of a quarter the block of cheese.. madness.

If you were in a hostel with supermik you wouldn't have to worry about which way to cut the cheese as he would steal it before you got the chance.

Football pundits who keep using "he didn't mean it" to excuse bad challenges. They ought to know perfectly well that the rules don't consider intent of a challenge as a factor and anyway, people don't mean to miss penalties or score OG's but they count just the same, why would we make an exception here? Most of the time the players are cheating wanks who know exactly what they were doing anyway.

Worst offenders are Ex-players sticking up for their old team or their mates in the game.