Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

12 hours ago, Rugster said:

3 convictions for drunk driving too. Great guy though. 

He was trying to lay the first off to honest, miss hit.

Also the 3 drunk driving convictions were all on the same night.  Glasgow finest at it's best.

6 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Momentarily forgot the PIN number for my bank card and after three wrong attempts it’s now blocked. I remember it now but what a f**k up. 

At dindelux etc etc 

You put the number in twice? Try entering it just once you idiot.

PIN is a clunky word. Putting “number” after it humanises it a bit. 

Not a PTTGOMN but it's kind of related to this. It always amuses me the number of people who think they need to flip their card over when paying by contactless.

26 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Exactly. There’s something in our subconscious that recognises the lack of history and evolution in these terms so we add a comforting traditional word to it. 

Dunfermline, best team in Fife. I see what you  mean, now!

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not a PTTGOMN but it's kind of related to this. It always amuses me the number of people who think they need to flip their card over when paying by contactless.

My contactless doesn't work and getting a new card would involve ringing the Scousers at the call centre so I just stick with the PIN (number). So many folk in shops etc say "Contacless?" and I say "no, it doesn't work" then they present the machine for me to use it contactless anyway. Zombies. 

8 hours ago, Karpaty said:

Momentarily forgot the PIN number for my bank card and after three wrong attempts it’s now blocked. I remember it now but what a f**k up. 

At dindelux etc etc 

1690?

11 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

My contactless doesn't work and getting a new card would involve ringing the Scousers at the call centre so I just stick with the PIN (number). So many folk in shops etc say "Contacless?" and I say "no, it doesn't work" then they present the machine for me to use it contactless anyway. Zombies. 

You'd have to wait ages for an answer - they'd all be outside stoning the Manchester City team bus.

7 minutes ago, Shandon Par said:

Quite a dramatic restoration of the natural order recently. 

Not at all, I have great history of my hate of RRFC, I used to live quite close to the shack. I couldn't get to the Forfar games all the time, so would venture into the Rnck Park as a neutral in the opposition (away end every time). There cheering at half time scores of a certain team, always confused me.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

2 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Contactless annoys me as you have to place the card where you cover the screen that then says APPROVED.

I either take the card away too quick to try and check the screen or leave it too long and have the assistant say 'it's through'.

I would think they could create a contactless machine that you present the card to in aplace that doesn't cover the screen.

14 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

Contactless annoys me as you have to place the card where you cover the screen that then says APPROVED.

I either take the card away too quick to try and check the screen or leave it too long and have the assistant say 'it's through'.

I would think they could create a contactless machine that you present the card to in aplace that doesn't cover the screen.

Anytime I've done it I've just held it until the machine beeps, then took the card away and a second or so later it says approved.

15 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Anytime I've done it I've just held it until the machine beeps, then took the card away and a second or so later it says approved.

I'm old - It still seems like witchcraft, and just have that moment of doubt.

I can remember cheques with cheque cards and credit cards that went into a manual printer with paper carbon things.

The changes in payment methods and online banking in the last 30 years is unbelievable.

9 minutes ago, MEADOWXI said:

I'm old - It still seems like witchcraft, and just have that moment of doubt.

I can remember cheques with cheque cards and credit cards that went into a manual printer with paper carbon things.

The changes in payment methods and online banking in the last 30 years is unbelievable.

So can I. In fact I had to use one of those carbon things for a debit card payment at Center Parcs last year as their ISDN or whatever lines were down. Took ages to come out the bank. For a moment I wasn't even sure if my card was signed or not but I had done it. 

I recently got a new credit card to replace and expired one and when I destroyed the old one I realised I hadn't even signed it. Must have had it 3 or 4 years.