Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I once did that with an old microwave and took it to the garden and filled it with metal stuff and watched it explode. It was fun.

I used to work for a now defunct TV rental company and as an apprentice got paid to smash TV screens with a sledgehammer, which would invariably implode. In a skip. I have never topped this in a work related sense. Deeply satisfying.

ETA the televisions would implode not the hammer.

I used to work for a now defunct TV rental company and as an apprentice got paid to smash TV screens with a sledgehammer, which would invariably implode. In a skip. I have never topped this in a work related sense. Deeply satisfying.

Have you ever worked in an abattoir?

9 minutes ago, pittsburgh phil said:
15 minutes ago, Brother Blades said:

Yeah, I took voluntary in 97 after nearly 10 years service, think it lasted a year or two after that. What branch did you work from?

Arran Road in Perth, then Dundee then Aberdeen.

You didn’t try to repossess a video recorder from Blackness Road, Dundee circa 1995 due to £65 debt caused by a cheque always bouncing?

Id just like to say, it was all an administrative error at the bank.

I served my apprenticeship in Lochee, then moved to Altens for a few years. Great apprenticeship that gave me a greater knowledge of electronics than the panel/ board swappers nowadays. Always component level in my day.
If you've fixed one cabinet style CRT, tricky things eh? Did you have the black suitcase of amperes, capacitors, valves etc?