Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 hour ago, JamesP_81 said:
1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

My issue isn't the slight increase in price. My issue is their willingness to reduce that price but only after I've phoned to say I'm not paying what they are asking for. If you can afford to give me something for X amount of pounds then give me it for that price. Don't wait for me to phone you complaining and then act like you've done me a favour by reducing it.

That's what my point is tho. They can't afford to give everyone it at a reduced price , if they did they would go bust in a matter of weeks , but they may be willing to do it on an individual basis in the hope that they may then make some money off that customer next year. Where I worked there was very little leeway and either way I couldn't give a rat's ass if I could save the customer or not but just couldn't stand people being a dick about it.

This might sound radical but maybe they shouldn't offer loss leaders to anyone. That way everyone could pay a fairer amount.

2 hours ago, whiskychimp said:

Sorry, I meant all of the companies. They should all be stopped from offering loss leaders. 

10 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

And how would they go about enforcing that?

Exactly this. I've worked for companies that have done loss leaders to get in with a client on the premise of more work but I've sadly also worked for some companies that were genuinely shit at pricing jobs!

That's what my point is tho. They can't afford to give everyone it at a reduced price , if they did they would go bust in a matter of weeks , but they may be willing to do it on an individual basis in the hope that they may then make some money off that customer next year. Where I worked there was very little leeway and either way I couldn't give a rat's ass if I could save the customer or not but just couldn't stand people being a dick about it.

When did this loss leader nonsense start? It can't have been around for that long?

As I mentioned earlier, the system works fine if you're on the ball with your finances but it just shafts anyone who's not (including plenty of vulnerable people).

Could they not introduce legislation to say that the quote can't rise for a set number of years (unless there's a claim)? That way the companies would all have to offer a more responsible price.

There's a couple of accounts I follow on Instagram so my because they're wids. But it pisses me off when they post Shite like "I don't care how I look or what people think.

Aye sure hen, you literally post around 5 pictures a day. Just get the rat out.

18 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

There's a couple of accounts I follow on Instagram so my because they're wids. But it pisses me off when they post Shite like "I don't care how I look or what people think.

Aye sure hen, you literally post around 5 pictures a day. Just get the rat out.

People who just post endless selfies of themselves on Instagram regardless of how they look tbh