Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Pray for throbs.

2 hours ago, throbber said:

Trying to work out last nights Chinese is proving difficult and very sore this morning.

48 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Good luck throbs.  Hopefully not too many stitches required afterwards.

Over-hesitant drivers.

There's a dual carriageway I need to walk across most days (at a custom designed crossing point I should add) and gaps in the traffic is limited to windows of opportunity courtesy of the uproad traffic lights. To complicate matters, there's a petrol station exit a few 10s of metres up from the crossing point, therefore when some tool can't decide whether or not to join an empty road, it wastes my entire window of opportunity as I'm not going to walk out into the path of a potentially accelerating car (as they often do). More commonly, they'll hesitate for ages and by time they've finally pulled out, there's no way I'll beat the new wave of oncoming traffic. Many a bus has been missed whilst trapped 15m from the bus stop thanks to these f***ers.

Over-hesitant drivers.

There's a dual carriageway I need to walk cross most days and getting clear gaps in the traffic can be limited at best. To complicate matters, there's a petrol station exit a few 10s of metres up from the crossing point, therefore when some tool can't decide whether or not to join the road, it wastes my entire window of opportunity as I'm not going to walk out into the path of a potentially accelerating car (as they often do). More commonly, they'll hesitate for ages and by time they've finally pulled out, there's no way I'll beat the new wave of oncoming traffic. Many a bus has been missed whilst trapped 15m from the bus stop thanks to these f***ers.

Everyday things you're shit at thread for this piss.
"Struggle to cross a road without at high 5 lollypop man"

Everyday things you're shit at thread for this piss*."Struggle to cross a road without at high 5 lollypop man"

What, you expect people to walk out into the path of what should be an accelerating car?

*"for this pish" btw. This is a long established P&B convention.

What, walk out into the path of a quickly accelerating car?

*"for this pish" btw. This is a long established P&B convention.

No. That would be very dangerous.

Awareness, judgment, being cool under stressful times & always look both ways.

Or just find an easier place to cross the road, preferable with a high 5 lollypop man.

Edit. Sorry for the piss rather than the pish, my telephone converted and I didn't realise. I do apologise to the massive (again if did it but, I'm keeping this one)

14 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

Over-hesitant drivers.

There's a dual carriageway I need to walk cross most days and getting clear gaps in the traffic is limited to clear gaps courtesy of the uproad traffic lights. To complicate matters, there's a petrol station exit a few 10s of metres up from the crossing point, therefore when some tool can't decide whether or not to join an empty road, it wastes my entire window of opportunity as I'm not going to walk out into the path of a potentially accelerating car (as they often do). More commonly, they'll hesitate for ages and by time they've finally pulled out, there's no way I'll beat the new wave of oncoming traffic. Many a bus has been missed whilst trapped 15m from the bus stop thanks to these f***ers.

Go to the nearest pedestrian crossing.

Go to the nearest pedestrian crossing.

It is the nearest pedestrian crossing, custom designed to reach the bus shelter opposite. Unfortunately the plan presumed that drivers would actually drive and not be utter shite bags waiting for a three mile clear stretch of road.

May as well highlight that getting to even this point requires negotiating another crossing point located beside a roundabout where indicating is a formality too far.

Girlfriend and I are invited to her friend's birthday this Sunday, they are going axe throwing, sounds fun, was quite looking forward to it. Found out today it'll cost us $45 each, f**k right off, Monday is a holiday, I'm spending it on 24 beers instead

Edited by Torpar

4 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

Over-hesitant drivers.

There's a dual carriageway I need to walk across most days (at a custom designed crossing point I should add) and gaps in the traffic is limited to windows of opportunity courtesy of the uproad traffic lights. To complicate matters, there's a petrol station exit a few 10s of metres up from the crossing point, therefore when some tool can't decide whether or not to join an empty road, it wastes my entire window of opportunity as I'm not going to walk out into the path of a potentially accelerating car (as they often do). More commonly, they'll hesitate for ages and by time they've finally pulled out, there's no way I'll beat the new wave of oncoming traffic. Many a bus has been missed whilst trapped 15m from the bus stop thanks to these f***ers.

I was driving into the multistorey car park at the Southern yesterday.  The guy thats gone in in front of me in the left lane has stopped to let someone out, even though he's got right of way.  The person he's decided to let out is sitting looking at him and not moving, and he's sitting smiling like a p***k and ushering them out.  I've come in the right lane and put up with this for all of 2 seconds before just going, with the two of them looking at me like I'm the dick.