Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

He's inside the line.  No issue. Something about your neighbours parking on the street when they have a driveway. 

I think I've said 3 times now that his parking isn't the issue, it's the space he's picked that's the problem. If anyone sees no problem with his choice of space then they're definitely in the OFTW category.

2 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

My normal complaint: drivers in Dumfries. This time it's more to do with the parking though. 

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I think I've said 3 times now that his parking isn't the issue, 

You'll find that they are told by their employer to engage in this. My mate used to work in Asda and they would get warnings if they were found not to be engaging in friendly conversation with the customer. Do you really think that person wants to be asking some auld boot what she's up to the rest of the day? 

As someone who works in a supermarket, I can confirm this.

As someone who works in a supermarket, I can confirm this.

I think there's a balance to be found between efficiency and pleasantries. Politeness and an attempt at making the customer feel valued, whilst also being aware of queues and taking it case by case. From a customer perspective I wouldn't want to be in a huge queue whilst being able to hear a checkout person having an in depth conversation with a customer, but equally if the person didn't have any pleasantries or customer service ability it would make the transaction feel colder. I doubt many people are getting warnings over their lack of conversation, rather the lack of pleasantries whilst serving is what probably leads to warnings. But it will definitely depend on the customer, some will want some chat at the till, some will just want their shopping processed as quickly as possible without the slightest care whether the cashier chats to them.

36 minutes ago, Jmothecat2 said:

I think there's a balance to be found between efficiency and pleasantries. Politeness and an attempt at making the customer feel valued, whilst also being aware of queues and taking it case by case. From a customer perspective I wouldn't want to be in a huge queue whilst being able to hear a checkout person having an in depth conversation with a customer, but equally if the person didn't have any pleasantries or customer service ability it would make the transaction feel colder. I doubt many people are getting warnings over their lack of conversation, rather the lack of pleasantries whilst serving is what probably leads to warnings. But it will definitely depend on the customer, some will want some chat at the till, some will just want their shopping processed as quickly as possible without the slightest care whether the cashier chats to them.

leaders-deprived-of-sleep.jpg?w=760&e=90

7 hours ago, Pepper said:

Why he wouldn't park one space along or even pull into the adjoining space he's in is absolutely bizarre behaviour. 

Aye, completely bizarre behaviour to park perfectly well in a designated parking space - in fact park even better than the driver in the next space judging by the picture.

In that situation I'd never park right next to another car. It just does not make any sense, park in the adjoining space and struggle to get out of your car or park one space along and open the door fully.

Plus 19QOS19 doesn't appear to have any of those rubber door guards so he'd dent your car.

21 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Also folk who print to a 'box' in the printer (an electronic storage) then go to the printer and have to then select to print from the 'box'. It's a useful tool if it's something private or you're sending it to another office, but not just regular stuff folk are printing off. 

On the photocopier front, when a tray needs filled, it for the same reason that hotdogs are in 8s and hotdog buns are in 6s the tray for the paper doesn't take a whole ream of paper.

The lazy arse that  opens a tray puts 90% of a ream of paper in the tray and rather than take the rest and fill one of the other trays leaves an open pack of paper with about 80-100 sheets lying at their arse next to the photocopier, and a week later there is 5 such packs like that.

Just use the whole ream and stick the wrapper in the bin (obviously the correct recycling one) instead of being a lazy p***k.

Edited by MEADOWXI