Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I found out a few days ago that a guy I was friends with at school, who has turned into a proper god botherer, doesn’t let his children watch Peppa Pig as Peppa disobeys her father from time to time and it is a bad message to be giving to children.

In fairness she is a mouthy wee shite!

2 hours ago, throbber said:

I found out a few days ago that a guy I was friends with at school, who has turned into a proper god botherer, doesn’t let his children watch Peppa Pig as Peppa disobeys her father from time to time and it is a bad message to be giving to children.

I can confirm that my partner's grandchildren watch Peppa Pig, and they are an ill mannered and disobedient pair of brats.

In fairness she is a mouthy wee shite!

But does she not fall out with her parents etc and then they all kiss and make up in the end? I’m never paying that much attention to it but I imagine if you’re an adult who takes offence to this sort of thing then you are taking your life a little bit too seriously.

Peppa is a little shit. Grampy Rabbit and Daddy Pig are the best characters. It annoys me they always rip the pish out of daddy pig and make out he's a useless oaf. 

Does it annoy you enough to stop your kids from watching it as they are so disrespectful towards him though? This is probably the sort of behaviour that Fritzl started off with before he got to work on his basement.

Just now, throbber said:

Does it annoy you enough to stop your kids from watching it as they are so disrespectful towards him though? This is probably the sort of behaviour that Fritzl started off with before he got to work on his basement.

No because I quite like watching it. 

Peppa Pig thread for this pish. Agreed that she's a wee shite though. However any parents blaming Peppa for their own kids misbehaviour need a swift boot in the proverbial.

Pregnancy / parenting thread for this pish but let your kids watch what ever cartoons they want, let them decide if they think the kids are disrespecting their father and let them learn the difference between fiction and reality. This sort of parenting will just make children grow up in fear.

On 15/08/2018 at 15:26, Gaz FFC said:

Virgin media customer services are an abomination.

Preach it, brother.  The trouble I have had in the past month has been absolutely mental.  Some clown cut my line on the day the World Cup began when installing Virgin to my next door neighbour.  Called up to inform them that my services weren't working and that I needed someone to come out and look at the issue.  I have Virgin supply my mobile as well, and have a decent amount of data with them each month (4gb), so streamed three or four games via my iPad before the problem was fixed.  Got told I was close to using my credit limit (not data allowance) and checked my account to see that I have managed to use an additional 4gb on top of my own 4gb of allowance, which they were billing me £55 for.

Now, given the fault was with Virgin, I phoned them to say that I felt the additional charges were grossly unfair, only to be told that Virgin Mobile and Virgin Media are two separate entities, and I would need to take the case up with the Mobile team.  Was bounced backwards and forwards, getting to the point where I could tell which song would be on next whilst on hold.  

Got to the point where I told them I was cancelling, and whilst they couldn't wipe the debt with my mobile, they awarded my Media account a £55 credit, meaning that whilst I paid nearly £70 for my Mobile bill, I only paid pennies for my Media bill.

Went on holiday to Tunisia last week, had read before I went that data prices were pretty expensive and just to use the hotel WiFi .  I turned my phone on when we got to the hotel, in order to turn roaming off/switch flight mode on.  In the time it took to do that I used 3/4mb worth of data.  Didn't think much of it, only to come home and be landed with a bill of nearly £48 for those mb of data.

Called them up last night and point blank told them that I would not be paying for that, that I was out of contract and to just cancel my account.  Got them to put me through to the Media team and done the exact same with my TV, phone and Broadband.  I realise I am cutting off my nose to spite my face but I am giving these c***s the best part of £130 a month, and the way they treat customers is frankly, an absolute disgrace.  I would encourage anyone I know never to go near Virgin with a shitty stick.

4 hours ago, NJ2 said:

Can’t say it gets on my nerves, having read the last page, but I definitely don’t know what the f**k anyone is on about. Do adults watch of other folk play games? Is that what’s happening?

Update (from what I can make out).

Someone is going to Germany to watch someone else playing a computer game.

I think.

Update (from what I can make out).
Someone is going to Germany to watch someone else playing a computer game.
I think.

Different strokes for different folks but that’s absolutely bonkers to me

I'm very much in to gaming (in that I love playing them and do so often, across a few different consoles and the PC), but find watching other folk play them boring as f**k.

Also folk who buy a PS4 or Xbox 1 just to play FIFA are utter mugs.