Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

1 minute ago, Swarley said:
9 minutes ago, tamthebam said:
went into local newsagents today.  there were creme eggs on sale. Easter is on April 21st. 

Where? I fucking love creme eggs. I'd kill for them.

Forrest Road Newsagents, Edinburgh. 

Spoiler

you fat cnut! :P

It's  Friday,  got home both of us couldn't be arsed cooking so went to  the Ravenscliff Motherwell for an average meal n some drinks .It is what it is. IE nearest  establishment. Menu giving it big licks Pizza weds 5 quid. Friday 2 steaks bottle wine 20 quid. Etc etc  No feckin wonder.All ok till speaking to waitresses who tell us they get 4 quid odd an hour cos they're 17 n working to get money for uni. Na f**k that I got 6.20 an hour in 1981 when I was 17. How the f**k is this possible in this day n age. f**k this place.Deffo owned by a Tory.

15 minutes ago, Mr Pikey said:

It's  Friday,  got home both of us couldn't be arsed cooking so went to  the Ravenscliff Motherwell for an average meal n some drinks .It is what it is. IE nearest  establishment. Menu giving it big licks Pizza weds 5 quid. Friday 2 steaks bottle wine 20 quid. Etc etc  No feckin wonder.All ok till speaking to waitresses who tell us they get 4 quid odd an hour cos they're 17 n working to get money for uni. Na f**k that I got 6.20 an hour in 1981 when I was 17. How the f**k is this possible in this day n age. f**k this place.Deffo owned by a Tory.

It's owned by Marston's

Not sure how you imagine their business model differs from any other restaurant, chain or otherwise.

I assume by the above rant you left a massive tip?

1 minute ago, Todd_is_God said:

It's owned by Marston's

Not sure how you imagine their business model differs from any other restaurant, chain or otherwise.

I assume by the above rant you left a massive tip?

It's not a rant, it's an observation. I don't  go out for a meal and sit and imagine the owners business model. I'm too busy trying to enjoy my night out. If said owners brag on their menu about their deals at the expense of paying  their workers  fair wages then naw It's not for me if i find out thats their buisness model.  And yes I did leave a bigger tip than normal, after making sure it went to the workers. Hope that meets your approval

On 21/11/2018 at 17:04, Mark Connolly said:

Yodel.

Apparently they have delivered a parcel to me, by leaving it on the porch this morning. The slight issue with this is that we've had a glazier in fitting new glass in the front door, who hasn't seen any delivery driver, and there is no card through the door, despite Yodel's email telling me there is. Before anyone accuses the glazier, he'd probably have been better off stealing the neighbours wine delivery which did arrive, than a few cheap t-shirts. 

I then went on their live chat to ask where the parcel really is to be told that the tracking number doesn't match my address, and immediately be cut off from the live chat. When I restarted the chat (different adviser), I was told that the tracking number does match the address, but it will take up to 24 hours to track down and question the driver. 

How hard is it to actually fucking deliver a parcel, and/or work for a delivery company and not be a complete c**t?

I got an email from yodel thursday night saying my parcel was delivered to my safe place (havent got one with yodel), no chap at the door or f**k all goes downstairs to find the parcel we were waiting for propped up against the front door for the whole fucking street to see

Useless c***s

Surely you realise that 6.20 in 1981 was an extraordinary wage for an adult never mind a 17 year old. Going against the national average that would be equivalent to 40k+ nowadays. So restaurants aren't allowed to advertise cheap prices unless their teenage waiting staff are raking in 20+ quid an hour? National living wage for 16-17 Yr old is 4.20/hr and if it helps your conscience on her 18th birthday she's in for a 40% pay rise!