Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

30 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

People have some weird sitting ideas.

I like getting on an empty train and watching as inevitably EVERYONE else sits at a table regardless how many of them there are and whether they need a table.

We are basically all clones.

I try to avoid sitting at a table If travelling alone, so I don’t have some random stranger sitting opposite me.

5 minutes ago, IainMorton said:

I try to avoid sitting at a table If travelling alone, so I don’t have some random stranger sitting opposite me.

I mainly travel off peak so grab a table and usually get to keep it to myself. A few cans on the table and smiling enthusiastically at strangers approaching helps. 

Edited by welshbairn

31 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Radio 1 was on in work this morning. That was not a pretty listen and very much got on my nerves

When I first started work the only channel I wanted to listen to was Radio 1. My old tradesman would only listen to Radio 2 which caused no end of friction between us. Now I would even listen to classical music long before I would even think of putting Radio 1 on. I used to be very up to date on my music but the stuff that they play on there now gives utter garbage a bad name. Once heard some utter saddo on there saying that they were going to have some shit by some rapper called Wretch32 as his first dance at his wedding.😳🤪

I mainly travel off peak so grab a table and usually get to keep it to myself. A few cans on the table and smiling enthusiastically at strangers approaching helps. 

Can of beer on the train is always a surefire way to ensure you’ve got space. Unless you’re really unlucky and the train alcy decides you could be his mate.

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I think people who place those type of bets are a petty annoyance to me.  Placing a fiver on 4 favourites to win about £30 just seems like a huge waste of time and I can't imagine there's much joy when one comes in. 

My weekly accumulator has pretty much reduced to that tbh. Not quite as low as £30, but I'd say one of my 4 or 5 coupons in the month will only stand to win £50. I can understand the feeling that there's no real thrill in that but I'd rather a more realistic chance at £50 since I'm shite at gambling. 

3 hours ago, The Moonster said:

I think people who place those type of bets are a petty annoyance to me.  Placing a fiver on 4 favourites to win about £30 just seems like a huge waste of time and I can't imagine there's much joy when one comes in. 

These kind are enjoyable:

83CB64FC-DB28-4843-95AB-67496A58F995.jpeg

12 minutes ago, smpar said:

My weekly accumulator has pretty much reduced to that tbh. Not quite as low as £30, but I'd say one of my 4 or 5 coupons in the month will only stand to win £50. I can understand the feeling that there's no real thrill in that but I'd rather a more realistic chance at £50 since I'm shite at gambling. 

Each to their own I suppose, I much prefer placing one £10 bet on say 3 teams at decent value than backing various favourites on multiple coupons. 

3 minutes ago, Gaz FFC said:

A Dunfermline Mate of mine told me about that.

A lot of fans had backed the 7-1 and the loudest cheer of the day was the Cowdenbeath goal

It was perfect. Everyone was a bit down as Cowden missed a late penalty to make it 7-1 then in the dying seconds former Pars youth-turned Cowden centre half carthorse thundered in a 30 yard consolation. 

ETA: it was on the back of our previous few games ending 4-1,5-1 and 6-1.

Edited by Shandon Par

Pat Scullion. Won't ever forget that name.

Was getting odds of around 150/200-1 all week on that scoreline and was considering a few quid for a laugh. Bucked on the morning of the game and stuck a quid on 100-1. 

Was at the Edinburgh festival with the missus and was trying to stay in touch with the score but the signal was shite, got a text from Baracus saying something along the lines of "you jammy b*****d nice win". 

Theres an absolute ball sack of a contractor working outside my window and he keep randomly shouting "I wanna be Eduard" and "Mon the Celtic" whilst drilling into a brick wall.
Silly annoying fucker.
Magee found a new line of work?

2 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:
5 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:
Theres an absolute ball sack of a contractor working outside my window and he keep randomly shouting "I wanna be Eduard" and "Mon the Celtic" whilst drilling into a brick wall.
Silly annoying fucker.

Magee found a new line of work?

Nah. The boy seems to be actually doing some work.