Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Fucking dishwashing machine is now officially not fit for purpose. Have reached the stage of having to hand-wash each and every item beforehand if I want them to emerge clean after a two and a half hour programme. 

I swear I'm going to give the fucker a Basil Fawlty right good thrashing before fly-tipping the c**t

Fucking dishwashing machine is now officially not fit for purpose. Have reached the stage of having to hand-wash each and every item beforehand if I want them to emerge clean after a two and a half hour programme. 
I swear I'm going to give the fucker a Basil Fawlty right good thrashing before fly-tipping the c**t
Just wash the dishes by hand then, lazy c**t.

3 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:
25 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Just wash the dishes by hand then, lazy c**t.

I've basically been doing that for the last two months... 

58 minutes ago, Angusfifer said:

Have you tried giving it a service? There may be gunk stuck in the holes. If you dismantle the plastic blades and give them a good clean out, ass plenty of salt and rinse aid you may find it’s like a new machine.

3 hours ago, throbber said:

I think I just hate staying at the mother in laws in general, I’m always bored as f**k here and I think her and her partner are properly idle people who put me in my student years to shame: I usually drink myself to excess when here but have had a few nights off it this time round and it hasn’t helped my mental state what so ever, I genuinely feel like I’m dying a slow death here. This is probably quite normal for people staying at their in-laws so I’m told.

They’re probably god-fearing teetotallers usually but have to get blitzed to numb the pain of you being there.

7 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Dishwashers are a huge waste of money.

I don't really understand this position. As a single guy, aye. If you've got a family they're a great help. 

Unless you think washing machines are a waste of money too? 

44 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

I don't really understand this position. As a single guy, aye. If you've got a family they're a great help. 

Parents used to have one, and this was at a time when they had 3 kids living in the house.

Even then I thought they were a huge waste of money, even when I had to do the dishes.

That's a terrible comparison.

Washing clothes takes much longer, is much more labour intensive, and needs shit loads of space.

I'm not dismissing dishwashers entirely, but they're not a game changer like the washing machine (or a microwave).

3 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

Robot vacuum cleaner was the real game changer in the Fruit household. 

I've looked into these, but regularly been told they're shite and don't provide a proper vacuum in the way a normal one would. Kinda like a clothes press compared to a good ol' iron.

By the way, does anyone recommend a press? I said they're shite in the last page, but I must confess I've never owned one and just going from what family members have ingrained into me.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:
16 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:
I wouldn't know. I'm an advocate of washing machines and dishwashers. 

You wouldn't know, because you don't seem to think too hard about things, or recognise reason and common sense.

:lol:

Calm down. You've been chasing me around the forum since I ripped you for claiming Gerry Cinnamon is a lyrical genius. 

Fruitcake. 

2 minutes ago, MixuFruit said:

They're less powerful but they're also designed to spend an hour and a half at it. The house is much cleaner as a result. You do still need to do a proper hoover but like once a month maybe for the bits the robovac can't get to.

I'd never go back to not having one now.

If you had a stairs... You'd need two machines (?) and need to hoover the stairs yourself. Stuff like that put me against it.