Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

When people won't take my word! That really irks me!

I run the website for Heriot-Watt dive club. I put up a load of pictures from the loch clean-up the other day and for some reason 2 people can't view those pictures (But can access the rest). They claim that HW's IT guys said it's a problem with the website and won't believe me when I say the pictures work fine - despite me having it confirmed from 5 independent sources! Argh!

When people won't take my word! That really irks me!

I run the website for Heriot-Watt dive club. I put up a load of pictures from the loch clean-up the other day and for some reason 2 people can't view those pictures (But can access the rest). They claim that HW's IT guys said it's a problem with the website and won't believe me when I say the pictures work fine - despite me having it confirmed from 5 independent sources! Argh!

I work in IT support and this sort of thing would get about 2 secs attention. Just tell them their computers are shite because it works elsewhere and move on. Also never believe other IT support people. They are all out to blame someone else (except me obviously, :rolleyes: )

I work in IT support and this sort of thing would get about 2 secs attention. Just tell them their computers are shite because it works elsewhere and move on. Also never believe other IT support people. They are all out to blame someone else (except me obviously, :rolleyes: )

I tried to explain that to him :lol: From what I remember all HW's internet access goes via an online proxy cache and it's probably not refreshing right. Apparently HW's IT said that I needed to "refresh my sever" :rolleyes: Passing the buck as usual.

Electric showers!

We had it put in over a month ago, and on Saturday it just stopped working when I was in it, which meant I had to go to my grans with loads of shampoo in my hair. (Very indignifying!) Anyway, my friend who is an electrician came up last night and replaced the fuse and my brother used it last night, worked fine.

I went in today and just as I'd finished conditioning my hair, it cut out again. Seriously. You have got to be joking! :rolleyes:

Edited by SaintSam

Guest bairnbabe

:angry::angry: Really p!ssed off with a lecturer. There was nothing wrong with the work I had handed in, as the information I gave was what I saw happen on that day. She ripped it saying that I couldn't write some of the things I did, because it probably wasn't true.

How the f*** does she know what goes on when I'm in my placement. :angry::angry::angry:

She told me today that if I couldnt fix it, I was to carry out another task, the words nae chance springs to mind.

:angry::angry: Really p!ssed off with a lecturer. There was nothing wrong with the work I had handed in, as the information I gave was what I saw happen on that day. She ripped it saying that I couldn't write some of the things I did, because it probably wasn't true.

How the f*** does she know what goes on when I'm in my placement. :angry::angry::angry:

She told me today that if I couldnt fix it, I was to carry out another task, the words nae chance springs to mind.

I gather you are fairly pissed off then? :lol:

Think you need a relaxing massage and a few drinks ;)

Guest bairnbabe

I gather you are fairly pissed off then? :lol:

Think you need a relaxing massage and a few drinks ;)

:rolleyes:

Yes I was fairly pissed off, but im happy now! Just had a long-awaited phone call :)