Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

Phoned for a pizza 🍕 earlier, for collection...called so the takeaway could put it in the oven for it to be ready in the time I drive down ten or fifteen minutes later, a fairly common practice used by myself and many others I'd imagine. 
Rocks up after stopping at the shop, cashline etc..
"Hiya I'd phoned the pizza for collection about quarter an hour ago"
Lassie behind the counter informs pizza guy I'm here for my 12" pepperoni and mushroom...
.....who then pulls the pizza dough out the fridge and asks what topping I wanted on it again...😡😡😠

Was a bawhair away from going full Michael Douglas in Falling Down and spraying the fucking place with bullets....!!!

On 22/06/2023 at 12:22, Stellaboz said:

Every Belgiun I've ever met has been weird. 

Most Dutch are sound AF.

Probably worried that your neighbours are going to invade them...again.

Some absolute psychos are having a very loud party a few doors down from our house. The music has been blasting away since at least 10pm when we got home from walking the dogs. 

Can't shut the windows because it's too hot but can't sleep because it feels like we're in some shitty holiday resort complete with shitty tourist club too close to our hotel.

1 hour ago, Rizzo said:

Some absolute psychos are having a very loud party a few doors down from our house. The music has been blasting away since at least 10pm when we got home from walking the dogs. 

Can't shut the windows because it's too hot but can't sleep because it feels like we're in some shitty holiday resort complete with shitty tourist club too close to our hotel.

^^^ Lives next to Glastonbury

On 23/06/2023 at 23:28, Flybhoy said:

Phoned for a pizza 🍕 earlier, for collection...called so the takeaway could put it in the oven for it to be ready in the time I drive down ten or fifteen minutes later, a fairly common practice used by myself and many others I'd imagine. 
Lassie behind the counter informs pizza guy I'm here for my 12" pepperoni and mushroom...
.....who then pulls the pizza dough out the fridge and asks what topping I wanted on it again...😡😡😠

Was a bawhair away from going full Michael Douglas in Falling Down and spraying the fucking place with bullets....!!!

Perhaps the issue was you walking in to collect the Pizza with an automatic weapon  ?

On 23/06/2023 at 12:33, Hedgecutter said:

Accidentally booking a not-particularly-cheap child's train ticket on top of the adult one when going through the app... only noticing once activated on the train.

200(1).gif.e2f68d382e69bd47aaf949e82b60963b.gif

Eta: still cheaper than if I were driving, quite incredibly.

I've been on plenty of late night freebies using unstamped tickets in the past, so I'll sell it to myself as karma for that.

I was going to suggest offering a free ticket to wherever you were heading to random bairns but.... 

3 hours ago, Billy Jean King said:

Perhaps the issue was you walking in to collect the Pizza with an automatic weapon  ?

I would venture to guess the opposite might be the fact, and entry with said weapon might improve customer service. It might, however, slightly negatively impact the overall customer experience.

36 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I would venture to guess the opposite might be the fact, and entry with said weapon might improve customer service. It might, however, slightly negatively impact the overall customer experience.

Staff should be issued them to be used on any customer ordering Hawaiian  !

On 23/06/2023 at 23:28, Flybhoy said:

I'm impressed that you're still phoning. That's proper old b*****d hold-out behaviour. I hope you paid by cheque.