Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

3 minutes ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Folk who crowd round the train doors at Queen Street/Waverley knowing full well that everyone on the train will be getting off at this stop leaving a tiny wee avenue for folk to squeeze through

I just stand blocking the door until the plebs get the message and move aside.

4 hours ago, Leith Green said:

Todays story is from a Lib Dem FOI request about........maintenance costs over the last 5 years in Cal Mac.

Apparently this is "news".

BBC Scotland (and particularly breakfast) are unlistenable now, its like the aural Daily Express.

Aye but it's only on the news now because ferries break down more according to P&Bs resident seething mess.

5 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Aye but it's only on the news now because ferries break down more according to P&Bs resident seething mess.

Anyone that spends as much time looking for people to red dot as him is OFTW tbqhwy..........

4 hours ago, TheScarf said:

Anything that shows the SNP in a bad light will be on STV or BBC Scotland news.  Do people not realise this?

Also, do people who consciously choose to live on a fucking island not realise that things with engines can break down? Or at the very least, cause your journey to be delayed?

I lived on an island for 9 years and cancellations were just a part of life. It could be annoying but there was nothing I could do about it. It didn't happen often and in my time there, it never made the news.

43 minutes ago, Empty It said:

Yep, nothing to do with them falling under the watch of an anti-Union party.

They never broke down, ever, under Labour.

1 hour ago, Empty It said:

27 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Yep, nothing to do with them falling under the watch of an anti-Union party.

They never broke down, ever, under Labour.

15 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Which is basically code for 'We're lifelong Tory voters and won't say anything bad about them even if we don't agree with what they're doing.'

Interesting crossover with the Calling Cards of Morons thread, this.  

Just now, virginton said:

Interesting crossover with the Calling Cards of Morons thread, this.  

If you stopped being the West of Scotland's resident virgin for one minute, you'll find that I happily slag the SNP off for their various idiotic policies and stances on a wide range of issues.

Sticking up for Unionist broadcasters is something I never thought I'd see from you, but here we are.

3 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

If you stopped being the West of Scotland's resident virgin for one minute, you'll find that I happily slag the SNP off for their various idiotic policies and stances on a wide range of issues.

Sticking up for Unionist broadcasters is something I never thought I'd see from you, but here we are.

You're sticking up for Cal Mac and a bunch of demonstrably incompetent and previously bankrupt shipbuilders, on behalf of the political party that has overseen the current nick of an effort.

5 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Carlisle being further east than Edinburgh was one that surprised me.

I remember reading something years ago which referred to Barcelona being on Spain's northeast coast and thinking that's not right.

On consulting a map, you could argue both northeast and southeast are correct.

What blew my mind was realising it was further north than Madrid.

23 minutes ago, Zetterlund said:

I remember reading something years ago which referred to Barcelona being on Spain's northeast coast and thinking that's not right.

On consulting a map, you could argue both northeast and southeast are correct.

What blew my mind was realising it was further north than Madrid.

It's further north than New York as well.

8 hours ago, Zetterlund said:

The only thing the news about maintenance costs is missing is dumbing it down into units of measurement the seething masses can relate to.

£26 million would pay 1000 new nurses for a year.

The equivalent cost of 300 new electric buses.

Etc.

Or one giant robotic one.

5 hours ago, Central Belt Caley said:

Folk who crowd round the train doors at Queen Street/Waverley knowing full well that everyone on the train will be getting off at this stop leaving a tiny wee avenue for folk to squeeze through

Make sure you stand on somebody's foot as you step down onto the platform.