Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

5 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have a different issue with a handful of family members and one friend who do something in texts / e-mails / Facebook Messenger that does my nut in. They do it all the time… does anyone else encounter this,  here’s an example…

Say you are trying to arrange a meet-up, and you text them saying something like ‘weather looks rubbish, so want to meet at Braehead or Silverburn maybe, whichever you fancy, grab a coffee?’. They reply ‘sounds great, see you there’.

You think ‘answer the fcuking simple question first cunto… Braehead or Silverburn, then we can move on to a time’.

Just me? I sometimes think about replying ‘aye, see you there’, and wait to see if they text back saying ‘see you where?’.

You think you're being polite in giving the options, done it so many times and often people don't want to be the one making the decisions. Try not giving them an option. 

Just say weather looks rubbish how about Silverburn?

Hope that works, good luck.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

You think you're being polite in giving the options, done it so many times and often people don't want to be the one making the decisions. Try not giving them an option. 

Been there. Guaranteed the reply to that is ‘Was there last week, fancy somewhere else?’. 😎

Edit - I am related to some people who seemingly can read OK, but cannot reply to the actual question being asked. In any situation.

Edited by pozbaird

53 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

I have a different issue with a handful of family members and one friend who do something in texts / e-mails / Facebook Messenger that does my nut in. They do it all the time… does anyone else encounter this,  here’s an example…

Say you are trying to arrange a meet-up, and you text them saying something like ‘weather looks rubbish, so want to meet at Braehead or Silverburn maybe, whichever you fancy, grab a coffee?’. They reply ‘sounds great, see you there’.

You think ‘answer the fcuking simple question first cunto… Braehead or Silverburn, then we can move on to a time’.

Just me? I sometimes think about replying ‘aye, see you there’, and wait to see if they text back saying ‘see you where?’.

I think you're in part responsible for the 'vagueness' - it doesn't read like you're asking them which place they prefer just inviting them for a coffee.  Granted, if it were me I'd answer as you'd expect but some folk are not so detail-oriented.  

1 hour ago, pozbaird said:

This is both a PTTGOYN and a calling card of a moron IMO.

Well, who knew trying to arrange a thirty minute meet up over a coffee with a family member from Ayrshire, if their work took them anywhere near Glasgow and was halfway between both of us could cause a ‘calling card of a moron’ stooshie. Funny old world. Etc.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Absolutely this. We get people coming to visit us and we used to give them options of what to do. The answer was invariably, "We're happy to do whatever" which doesn't help. We decided to be decisive and just choose what we're all doing and it causes much less stress.

4 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Been there. Guaranteed the reply to that is ‘Was there last week, fancy somewhere else?’. 😎

Edit - I am related to some people who seemingly can read OK, but cannot reply to the actual question being asked. In any situation.

The number one qualification to be a politician.

20 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Well, who knew trying to arrange a thirty minute meet up over a coffee with a family member from Ayrshire, if their work took them anywhere near Glasgow and was halfway between both of us could cause a ‘calling card of a moron’ stooshie. Funny old world. Etc.

To be fair, while I appreciate that both are an improvement on Ayrshire, if you were inviting me to have a coffee in Braehead or Silverburn I don't think I'd invest much effort in my reply either.

This is a real Michael McIntyre one ("dont you just hate it when...") and I'm sure been done before.

My local Tesco Garage has just had some Self Check Outs installed.  So there's one checkout with a human, and three for self service.

I left work without my wallet yesterday, needed a bottle of water and managed to find enough change in glove compartment.

Get to Tesco and theres a f*ck off massive queue to the Human person and no one at the self service.  The Woman behind the Till is shouting that if anyone has a card they can use the self service - no one budges...so I'm stood there for ten minutes.  Maybe no one did have a card but seems highly unlikely to me.

I was thinking and maybe there is a flaw - but could supermarkets not give you a discount if you use self service?...or maybe double your points  after all you are saving the staff some work and might encourage more folk to use them!

19 minutes ago, fuzzydunlop said:

This is a real Michael McIntyre one ("dont you just hate it when...") and I'm sure been done before.

My local Tesco Garage has just had some Self Check Outs installed.  So there's one checkout with a human, and three for self service.

I left work without my wallet yesterday, needed a bottle of water and managed to find enough change in glove compartment.

Get to Tesco and theres a f*ck off massive queue to the Human person and no one at the self service.  The Woman behind the Till is shouting that if anyone has a card they can use the self service - no one budges...so I'm stood there for ten minutes.  Maybe no one did have a card but seems highly unlikely to me.

I was thinking and maybe there is a flaw - but could supermarkets not give you a discount if you use self service?...or maybe double your points  after all you are saving the staff some work and might encourage more folk to use them!

Maybe they all wanted fags.

Turned on the TV and went to Eurosport, channel 410, to watch the Tour de France, but got TNT Sports instead. Sky, in their infinite wisdom, have moved Eurosport from channels 410/411 to 413/414 and put TNT Sports there instead. Why f**k about with established channels for new ones.

1 minute ago, Soapy FFC said:

Turned on the TV and went to Eurosport, channel 410, to watch the Tour de France, but got TNT Sports instead. Sky, in their infinite wisdom, have moved Eurosport from channels 410/411 to 413/414 and put TNT Sports there instead. Why f**k about with established channels for new ones.

Was there not a name change due for some sports channel? Am I thinking about ViaPlay?

15 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Was there not a name change due for some sports channel? Am I thinking about ViaPlay?

Viaplay is still showing on the EPG. There are 4 TNT channels, and a couple of TNT box office channels spread about the place. Moving Eurosport hasn't even got all the TNT channels together.

Ah, just found this

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/feb/21/eurosport-bt-sport-disappear-tnt-rebrand-tv

Not sure what that will mean for watching Eurosport without an additional subscription

Edited by Soapy FFC