Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

I'm looking for some work for the next 2 months, and the job centre website must be the most useless site I've came across. I enter in my postcode, select to search jobs within a 10 mile radius, yet jobs in Surrey come up in the results. Since when was Surrey within 10 miles of Kirkcaldy? Seems a shame I've never been to a place 10 miles from where i stay, perhaps i should visit sometime.

The hours/shift option doesn't return any more accurate searches either <_<

What a piece of crap. How they expect people to find jobs using a search engine as accurate as Chris Silvestro's shooting is beyond me.

*deep breaths*

Rant over.

Guest The Phoenix
I'm looking for some work for the next 2 months, and the job centre website must be the most useless site I've came across. I enter in my postcode, select to search jobs within a 10 mile radius, yet jobs in Surrey come up in the results. Since when was Surrey within 10 miles of Kirkcaldy? Seems a shame I've never been to a place 10 miles from where i stay, perhaps i should visit sometime.

The hours/shift option doesn't return any more accurate searches either <_<

What a piece of crap. How they expect people to find jobs using a search engine as accurate as Chris Silvestro's shooting is beyond me.

*deep breaths*

Rant over.

All our technology has special sensors installed.

When someone who we consider to be "unemployable" uses it, it automatically defaults to offering a job we know they won't apply for.

We call it "customer service" - for our employers.

All our technology has special sensors installed.

When someone who we consider to be "unemployable" uses it, it automatically defaults to offering a job we know they won't apply for.

That explains the high unemployment in Kirkcaldy then.

:lol:

Oh, and if he reads this thread... Happy birthday Nizzy! :D

Actually having sex would significantly increase his chances of getting AIDS, so at the moment they are probably relatively low.

Not helped my my girlfriend being in the states for the next 9 weeks either :babe2

Anyway, an update on the "bad AIDS" or whatever it was I have. By the time I got home from Uni yesterday I was shaking uncontrollably because I was freezing cold. Within half an hour I couldn't stand up without feeling like I was going to projectile vomit everywhere.

The only time I have ever felt that bad is when I got a rare strain of salmonella and had to stay in bed for three weeks.

Luckily, after one of the worst nights of my life, I am now back to mere "feeling like shit" status and not "feeling like death". <_<

My legs are aching from training yesterday. We went down the beach and ran on there for an hour (including sprinting drills and the like) then when we got back onto solid ground (only because the tide was coming in might I add) we played football for an hour. My legs feel like lead.

Not helped my my girlfriend being in the states for the next 9 weeks either :babe2

Anyway, an update on the "bad AIDS" or whatever it was I have. By the time I got home from Uni yesterday I was shaking uncontrollably because I was freezing cold. Within half an hour I couldn't stand up without feeling like I was going to projectile vomit everywhere.

The only time I have ever felt that bad is when I got a rare strain of salmonella and had to stay in bed for three weeks.

Luckily, after one of the worst nights of my life, I am now back to mere "feeling like shit" status and not "feeling like death". <_<

sounds like man flu to me make sure you have at least 3 hospitals on standby in case it manifests it self again ;)

I was told to "f**k off ya whore and take yur fuckin dugs wi ye" yesterday.

This came out of a 7 year old's mouth :o

:angry:

This really angers me. Mine is seven and I think I'd spend the next year battering his backside if I heard that from him.

Bloody parents. <_<

:angry:

This really angers me. Mine is seven and I think I'd spend the next year battering his backside if I heard that from him.

Bloody parents. <_<

Who were nowhere to be seen!

A teenager (about 14) I reckon in charge of 3 toddlers and about 6 other kids around the 7/8 year old mark. One of the toddlers started crying when he saw the dogs which were about 100m away from him. I shouted over that the dogs wouldn't touch him (which they didn't) and got this mouthful back.

They even came after me on their bikes to warn me not to walk past their block of flats again! (It is a public path btw) :rolleyes:

Unbelievable! <_<<_<

They even came after me on their bikes to warn me not to walk past their block of flats again! (It is a public path btw) :rolleyes:

Unbelievable! <_<<_<

Maybe a spot of community service wouldn't go amiss? Maybe they could learn a spot of gardening while they're at it and help some folk cut back some problem ivy? ;)

sounds like man flu to me make sure you have at least 3 hospitals on standby in case it manifests it self again ;)

In all seriousness my two flatmates are doctors and as such are always very unsympathetic if I'm ill...but they were actually concerned about how bad I looked!

In all seriousness my two flatmates are doctors and as such are always very unsympathetic if I'm ill...but they were actually concerned about how bad I looked!

They know bad AIDS when they see it. :(

Just found out that, having recently moved, my MP is Jim Sheridan, Labour - won with a majority of 11,001 over the SNP at the last election! Not unlike the Glasgow Anniesland ward I was living in before! <_<:(

Who were nowhere to be seen!

A teenager (about 14) I reckon in charge of 3 toddlers and about 6 other kids around the 7/8 year old mark. One of the toddlers started crying when he saw the dogs which were about 100m away from him. I shouted over that the dogs wouldn't touch him (which they didn't) and got this mouthful back.

Unbelievable! <_<<_<

I'm always shocked by the age of the kids out playing in the street, some not much more than 3/4. The other day one wee boy of about 10 was shouting abuse from a car at another kid, I was horrifed, not nearly as horrifed as I was when I spotted the mother beside him encouraging him. <_<

As origninally posted in the RTBC thread by accident: :lol:

Network Rail are carrying out urgent repairs caused by subsidence which affects services on the Glasgow Central - Neilston/Newton and Cathcart Circle lines from Tuesday 22 July - Sunday 17 August 2008.

There will be no train service to/from Glasgow Central - Pollokshields East, Queens Park, Crosshill, Mount Florida or Cathcart.

Joy of fucking joys.