Petty Things That Get On Your Nerves...

do you have a bank account??

or do you just hide tyour money in the lining of your curtains like certain other folk fae greenock?

I have a bank account and a shitey debit card.

And money is also stashed in certain areas of the house.

so using logic you're over 16 so you should have a chip and pin card no?

It appears to be no different than any previous bank cards, ie not chip and pin?

You're catching me on unfamiliar territory here.

so using logic you're over 16 so you should have a chip and pin card no?

No. I'm over 16, I have a bank account but I don't have a debit card or credit card at all. Also, even for those that have debit cards, not all outlets accept all types of card.

No. I'm over 16, I have a bank account but I don't have a debit card or credit card at all. Also, even for those that have debit cards, not all outlets accept all types of card.

ah right. didn't know that. My card get's accepted everywhere so just, wrongly, assumed.

Ah well Vikington enjoy camping in february for your tickets :)

Ah well Vikington enjoy camping in february for your tickets :)

No real need, the music store in Gourock is run like a cartel and tickets are held by the batch for certain friends.

Tickets for the friend of certain friend's son and others.

It'd be much cheaper today and easier, but that's why its petty. :lol:

Have you tried to pay with the debit card?

Often on ticket etc websites its says 'enter credit card details' (with no mention of debit cards) yet it accepts a Visa debit with no problems.

I've used a debit card for ticketmaster before

Often on ticket etc websites its says 'enter credit card details' (with no mention of debit cards) yet it accepts a Visa debit with no problems.

Aye, I use my bank card, it's a Visa debit card. On some sites Visa debit is listed specifically but on many I just select Visa and it still works.

SLJ - not sure why chip and pin would be relevant to an internet purchase?

The cards listed was Visa, not Visa Electron, so I thought not.

I considered trying but wasn't sure of success.

Cant hurt you to try.

It said it would cancel orders without notice if details were incorrect, so didn't really want to mess about with £174 floating through the Internet.

the thought crossed my mind, but I wasn't quite willing to take the chance.

It said it would cancel orders without notice if details were incorrect, so didn't really want to mess about with £174 floating through the Internet.

the thought crossed my mind, but I wasn't quite willing to take the chance.

I was going to say give it a shot because I had a Solo card once that sometimes just got accepted as Switch, but aye, I can see your point there. I wouldn't much fancy losing track of £174 myself!

I'd imagine Ticketmaster is pretty secure - they'd either just refuse the transaction straight out or they'd cancel it and your details are no more "out there" than for any other transaction.